01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion Detection - Dynamic Analysis Broken?

Jingle9109

Hi,
I have a few cameras that I have recently updated to 5.6.6 (to try and fix this issue). Basically I have always had dynamic motion analysis enabled and it’s worked fine, both showing current motion in live view and motion during playback. However I have noticed recently after moving home and having to setup motion detection again that this appears to no longer be working. During live view it highlights motion regardless of the sensitivity or percentage I have set, so even a sensitivity of 1 and percentage of 100 still shows motion even though it shouldn’t. If I change to basic from advanced the sensitivity does seem to have an effect on the green highlights with 0 sensitivity not highlighting anything as expected. Regardless of any of the above motion is no longer ever shown on recordings which is making tweaking exceptionally difficult. I am doing all of this via the WebUI as I do not have an NVR.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @Jingle9109

Where are you viewing the recorded footage with the missing overlays?
If you use VSPlayer, can you see them?

Also, connect to the camera in Internet Explorer mode and then in the Local menu (under Config), make sure that you still have "Rules" enabled.

Could you send a screenshot of your motion detection area settings of what you're describing seeing here, please?
During live view it highlights motion regardless of the sensitivity or percentage I have set

Hi,
I am watching them back via the webUI and have local rules enabled. I have also tried in the IVMS client. I do see the green rectangle in both but that seems to relate to the smart event (line crossing) and is not always visible when motion has triggered a recording.

How do I use VSPlayer? I have downloaded it but I cannot export any recordings from the camera it just says download failed immediately.

During live view:-
In the live view screen I see lots of small green squares flashing around, these are visible regardless of the sensitivity and percentage settings I have set. They used to adjust with the settings giving a good indication of what would trigger a recording without having to watch recordings back.

Thanks

Can you download the footage in iVMS-4200?
Or, right-click on the shortcut IE and select "run as administrator", which should let you download it.
When downloaded, drag and drop the file into VSPlayer.

It's tricky to advise on the green squares issue without seeing screenshots of the scene the camera is looking at and all of your event settings I'm afraid.
You can always use this browser extension to blur out anything that you're concerned about:

Having both line crossing and motion in use with the new firmware might be causing problems.

I'd also be inclined to try a reset of all of the settings and start afresh on the Upgrade & Maintenance page and starting afresh:

Screenshot 2022-08-11 130521.jpg

Hi,
Attached is a screenshot of the squares and my settings for the biggest zone. I will try the ivms download and let you know how it goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 13.10.05.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 13.10.05.png
    108 KB · Views: 211
  • Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 13.11.22.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 13.11.22.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 195
I cannot download via IVMS either.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 13.20.13.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 13.20.13.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 161
I have managed to get a file via IE now. It still only shows the green rectangle and not the smaller squares. It also appears to be missing loads of motion even though my current settings are quite aggressive.

Hi,
I have done a factory reset and left line crossing off, no change unfortunately. However I am now unable to use advanced motion detection at all as regardless the settings it never records. Basic however will record but is obviously more limited in regards day/night settings. Is it possible that Hikvision are planning to drop advanced motion detection In 5.6.x. I have tried all versions from 5.6.0 to 5.6.6 and they all have the same issue.

Thanks

Back