01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion Detection sensitivity tips?

vj531

Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I
I have a condensing boiler vent below my camera.
canback.jpg
It keeps triggering events.
Ive turned down to 20 sensitivity and it still triggers.

Thoughts?

I have 3 hikvision cameras and they all have this problem. Motion detection is far too sensitive and makes the camera nearly useless as a security camera. Maybe hikvision need to redesign the software for this.
My older cameras (not hikvision) have threshold and sensitivity settings for motion detection and I can adjust these for acceptable motion detection performance.

I have just discovered an expert mode for motion detection that has dual parameters. The drop down box is just above the motion detection video window.

I have just discovered an expert mode for motion detection that has dual parameters. The drop down box is just above the motion detection video window.

Like the look of that! Good call.
I shall read up on the settings
thx

*** There is a lot of options... any tips?

Last edited:
Cannot get the NAS working/recording with the Hik GUI?
Still having problems with Cam triggering due to steam from the condensing boiler outlet?

Hi...If the camera is outside, and covering a large area, that is a lot of potential motion to occur. Like, snow or leaves. I'm not really sure if you can set the sensitivity and threshold high enough to not be triggered by a screen full of snow, and still pick up actual human movement, but maybe play around with the settings and test it out.

printed circuits assembly

Last edited:
I have the same issue as above, steam from my boiler triggers intrusion detection and line crossing.

Any tips?

Back