01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Mouse moving too quickly on NVR

DavidRC

The mouse movements on my Hikvision 8P NVR screen are not controllable I have to be so careful to select the correct item. My support engineer has tried but can't figure out what is happening. When I switch back to the Windows screen my separate mouse for windows works perfectly and can be controlled. My NVR screen HDMI feeds into a switch box for PC & NVR to one screen. The NVR has a separate mouse via a dongle plugged into NVR even tried a wired mouse plugged directly into the NVR still same problem. It appears to be I think a Hikvision software build problem. Can anybody help, please?.

Hi @DavidRC

On the direct monitor if you go to System > General you should see a slider on the right-hand side to adjust the mouse speed.

Hi Dan
I think I must have different software because I can't find System-General on my screen and my software is up to date.

Hi @DavidRC

Which exact NVR model do you have? 8P is included in the model number of many different NVR models.

Okay, and which firmware version is this NVR currently running?

Thanks @DavidRC

First of all, you are not actually running the latest firmware for this NVR.

I assume you have been checking for firmware updates using the firmware check button in the NVR settings, unfortunately, this feature has not worked for many years and will tell you you are running the latest firmware when you are not.

The actual latest firmware for your NVR is V4.32.116 build 220112, your current firmware is over 18 versions behind the latest firmware and so we would recommend that you update to the latest in steps following the below update path:

V3.4.101 build180904
V3.4.112 build 200604
V4.30.005 build200628 EUI
V4.30.071 build210517
V4.31.105 build210727
V4.32.116 build 220112

To update the firmware you will want to follow the below instructions:

Once your firmware is up-to-date you can go to the direct monitor and go to Configuration > System > General > Basic Settings where you will find the mouse speed slider.

If you are updating the firmware using the direct monitor instead of the browser then you may want to adjust the mouse speed before updating the firmware, you can adjust the speed on the old firmware by going to Configuration > General > General and you should see the speed slider.

Hi Dan
My CCTV guy came this morning and uploaded the Firware to current and now I have a new screen to explore and get used to but at least I can control my Hyper mouse activities. Thank again for all your help.

Reactions: Dan
Back