01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect My HIK Connect has stopped working when I'm not in the house and on wifi?

Raybold7

Hello

My HIK Connect has stopped working when I'm not in the house and on wifi. I haven't changed anything. Everything went online so I re-added via the QR code. Seemed much better until I left the house and it just says offline. Yesterday I updated the app to the latest version in the hope that would fix it. However now it says that remotely viewing video from local devices is not supported. You can only view videos if your mobile phone is on the same LAN with the device.

Any help to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
remotely viewing video from local devices is not supported. You can only view videos if your mobile phone is on the same LAN with the device.
You can ignore that message it is misleading. If a router has been setup with port forwarding, you can connect to any site. In your case however it wouldn't apply as you've added with the QR code and are connected via the Hik-Connect server.

On the DVR/NVR you could check your network settings. Ideally in:

1 - Settings > Network. The IP address, Gateway address and DNS would be entered manually (DHCP box NOT ticked) as a constantly changing IP address could cause a loss of connection.

2 - Then in Settings > Network > NAT. That should be Enabled and set to Auto in your case. NAT/UPnP automatically establishes port forwarding in the router using random ports. This allows the system to remain connected to the Hik-Connect service. So when you're out, your phone can still connect to your system via Hik-Connect.

There are other things that can cause the connection to fail. If you have some other device on your network using the UPnP AND the same default ports (80, 8000, 554) the NVR/DVR would be unable to map the ports that are already in use.

Thanks Phil

The issue is, nothing has changed. I haven't updated anything in the NVR and as it worked perfectly before I can only surmise that re-adding via the QR code has locked me to home use only. I think I will have to delete and re-add, if only I knew how ;)

Update. I've just manually added and it works again. So the app has 2 options now for me. One that works in the house, and one that works in the house and outside the house.

Update. I've just manually added and it works again. So the app has 2 options now for me. One that works in the house, and one that works in the house and outside the house.
Thanks Phil

The issue is, nothing has changed. I haven't updated anything in the NVR and as it worked perfectly before I can only surmise that re-adding via the QR code has locked me to home use only. I think I will have to delete and re-add, if only I knew how ;)
I should just change my name to Phil - he gets all the credit for my suggestions !

Sorry JB!

Phil had given you the thumbs up and when I glanced up I thought it was your name signing off :eek:)

Hello,
Sorry to bring up an old thread however I have a similar issue and cannot figure it out.

I have an iphone and the hikvision app. About 2 years ago I had 1 device added as a local device - This is so It would load much faster and I would avoid having to go through the hikvision servers to access my cameras when at home on my local network.
Then a 2nd device added using the QR code so I could access my cameras when away from home.

When hikvision updated their app about 2 years ago the local device stopped working. I have tried so many things and cannot get it to work. I just tried it on another phone that I wiped and I get the same error as OP ""remotely viewing video from local devices is not supported. You can only view videos if your mobile phone is on the same LAN with the device. "" & it also shows Error Code: 25

I'm using a Asus router and the settings on my NVR are the same as the router other then IP

These settings are on the NVR
Static IP: 192.168.1.1xx
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Any ideas? I have even connected the NVR directly to the Asus Router to make sure a switch between was not the issue. I have tried other non hikvision apps still the same issue when adding it as a local device.

Thanks

Hello,
Sorry to bring up an old thread however I have a similar issue and cannot figure it out.

I have an iphone and the hikvision app. About 2 years ago I had 1 device added as a local device - This is so It would load much faster and I would avoid having to go through the hikvision servers to access my cameras when at home on my local network.
Then a 2nd device added using the QR code so I could access my cameras when away from home.

When hikvision updated their app about 2 years ago the local device stopped working. I have tried so many things and cannot get it to work. I just tried it on another phone that I wiped and I get the same error as OP ""remotely viewing video from local devices is not supported. You can only view videos if your mobile phone is on the same LAN with the device. "" & it also shows Error Code: 25

I'm using a Asus router and the settings on my NVR are the same as the router other then IP

These settings are on the NVR
Static IP: 192.168.1.1xx
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Any ideas? I have even connected the NVR directly to the Asus Router to make sure a switch between was not the issue. I have tried other non hikvision apps still the same issue when adding it as a local device.

Thanks
On the Hik-Connect app home page:

1. Click + in the top right corner
  2. In the pop up select 'manual adding'
  3. For 'Adding Type' select 'IP/Domain'
  4. In the next page:
  • Alias - 'Local - WiFi'
  • Address - 192.168.1.1xx
  • Port - leave as 8000 unless you've changed the server port in the NVR settings
  • User Name - admin (or your user name if different)
  • Password - your password
5. Click the Save icon in the top right corner. If all is well 'Camera No.' at the bottom of the screen will change from 1 to however many cameras you have.

If you still get an error confirm the filling:

1. Your phone and NVR are on the same WiFi network and neither is on a 'Guest' network (as WiFi devices can usually only connect to the internet and not other WiFi devices on a Guest network.
  2. (more likely the issue) The Hik-Connect app does not have permission to access devices on your local network. This appears at some point when installing the app, but is sometimes delayed and easily missed. On iOS this is in Settings > Hik-Connect > Local network (the switch must be on). There will be a similar setting on Android.

On the Hik-Connect app home page:

1. Click + in the top right corner
  2. In the pop up select 'manual adding'
  3. For 'Adding Type' select 'IP/Domain'
  4. In the next page:
  • Alias - 'Local - WiFi'
  • Address - 192.168.1.1xx
  • Port - leave as 8000 unless you've changed the server port in the NVR settings
  • User Name - admin (or your user name if different)
  • Password - your password
5. Click the Save icon in the top right corner. If all is well 'Camera No.' at the bottom of the screen will change from 1 to however many cameras you have.

If you still get an error confirm the filling:

1. Your phone and NVR are on the same WiFi network and neither is on a 'Guest' network (as WiFi devices can usually only connect to the internet and not other WiFi devices on a Guest network.
  2. (more likely the issue) The Hik-Connect app does not have permission to access devices on your local network. This appears at some point when installing the app, but is sometimes delayed and easily missed. On iOS this is in Settings > Hik-Connect > Local network (the switch must be on). There will be a similar setting on Android.

Thank you so I finally figured it out! I was entering the wrong Verification key LOL! This is what happens when you setup systems for friends/family you mix things up. But thank you so much if it was not for you I would not of noticed it.
So its working now, however I find when loading a camera its still on the slow, not sure if there is a way to improve that or not? I'm on 5ghz wireless network & before it was almost instant using the same router, Asus RT-AC5300

Thanks

Thank you so I finally figured it out! I was entering the wrong Verification key LOL! This is what happens when you setup systems for friends/family you mix things up. But thank you so much if it was not for you I would not of noticed it.
So its working now, however I find when loading a camera its still on the slow, not sure if there is a way to improve that or not? I'm on 5ghz wireless network & before it was almost instant using the same router, Asus RT-AC5300

Thanks
It's likely that the image encryption is slowing it down due to additional processing. You can turn it off in the NVR settings under Network > Advanced > Platform Access > Stream Encryption. Allternatively in Hik-Connect, click on your Cloud connection (not the local one) to load the images then click the 3 dot menu > Settings and turn off Image and Video Encryption there.

It's likely that the image encryption is slowing it down due to additional processing. You can turn it off in the NVR settings under Network > Advanced > Platform Access > Stream Encryption. Allternatively in Hik-Connect, click on your Cloud connection (not the local one) to load the images then click the 3 dot menu > Settings and turn off Image and Video Encryption there.

Do I don't seem to have the option to just turn off encryption. If I uncheck the enabled box I can no longer stream through the cloud version.
When I checked through the hikvision app on my phone the option is there but its turned off.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Attachments

• hikc.jpg
    hikc.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,893
Do I don't seem to have the option to just turn off encryption. If I uncheck the enabled box I can no longer stream through the cloud version.
When I checked through the hikvision app on my phone the option is there but its turned off.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
If the 'local' device was added as described in my earlier post you wouldn't be prompted for a verification/encrtyption key as it is not needed unless encryption is turned on. The option to disable encryption isn't available from a browser menu though. You would need to check it directly on the on screen menu of a monitor/TV connected to the NVR in Network Settings > Platform Access.

If the 'local' device was added as described in my earlier post you wouldn't be prompted for a verification/encrtyption key as it is not needed unless encryption is turned on. The option to disable encryption isn't available from a browser menu though. You would need to check it directly on the on screen menu of a monitor/TV connected to the NVR in Network Settings > Platform Access.
Ah I see, I will need to check on the actual NVR then vs computer.
Thanks

Thanks

I’m am struggling badly with this. Spent 2 days trying to figure out why my cameras are offline on the app when I’m away from Wi-Fi and for no apparent reason.

Could you possibly let me know what you meant in entering the wrong verification key. I see this in platform access but as I understand this is where you create the key. Is there some where else I need to input this key to enable access back to the app?

When you add the cameras to your mobile app, right before it tries to load the cameras there is a lock symbol on each one. If you click on it it will then as for this verification key. I was typing it in wrong which is why it never worked properly for me.
You may need to add the cameras to your mobile app again then you will get this prompt.
I’m am struggling badly with this. Spent 2 days trying to figure out why my cameras are offline on the app when I’m away from Wi-Fi and for no apparent reason.

Could you possibly let me know what you meant in entering the wrong verification key. I see this in platform access but as I understand this is where you create the key. Is there some where else I need to input this key to enable access back to the app?

Thanks for the reply

I won’t pretend I know what I’m doing I’m purely following advice and trial and error.

When you say add the cameras is this individually? As I have found a work around but I don’t really know how…

When I open HK app there is an option to add online device as IP/Domain when done this way the cameras nvr appears with a group of cameras as their correct names but then do not work outside of WI-FI.
If I add cameras as HK domain via serial no. again they appear as a group and I am prompted to input verification key and then they work but the cameras are named as nvr serial no’s but they then do work on mobile data

I do not know how to add them individually or what their passwords would be or even seen a padlock to enter the verification key

Do I simply use them as they are and accept I got it working?

Thanks for the reply

I won’t pretend I know what I’m doing I’m purely following advice and trial and error.

When you say add the cameras is this individually? As I have found a work around but I don’t really know how…

When I open HK app there is an option to add online device as IP/Domain when done this way the cameras nvr appears with a group of cameras as their correct names but then do not work outside of WI-FI.
If I add cameras as HK domain via serial no. again they appear as a group and I am prompted to input verification key and then they work but the cameras are named as nvr serial no’s but they then do work on mobile data

I do not know how to add them individually or what their passwords would be or even seen a padlock to enter the verification key

Do I simply use them as they are and accept I got it working?

You would add them by the NVR serial # as you have been doing. this allows you to view the cameras at home and offsite. When you add them via IP its just your internal/home ip address so it will not work when you are away from home.

When I add my nvm/camera system I enter the passwords/info and when I go to view the cameras it gives me the padlock on them so I enter the vertification password and then they work and it never asks me again. My issue was I was entering it incorrectly when trying to add the system via Ip address.

Back