01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My Hikvision NVR only exports video in one minute clips?

Perrier123

Hi, I am trying to export footage of multiple crimes committed over a few days, but it is only exporting in 1-2 minute clips. I need around 20 minutes per time.

I tried with clipping process and also with searching and exporting, and the same thing happens both ways.

(On the advice of my lawyer I replaced the drive so nothing would be erased and am playing it back on a separate NVR not connected to internet or live cameras.)

Is there something to do to fix this?

Hi @Perrier123

Can you log in to the NVR that the HDDs were installed in and go to Configuration > Storage > Advanced Settings > Other and post a screenshot of the settings on that page?

Upvote 0
camerasetting.JPG

Upvote 0
Ok, the issue may have been your packet time setting, when the Hikvision NVRs record they segment the recorded data into packets of the same length/duration. When you download footage it will download all the packets that cover that period of time and so we usually recommend setting your packet time to somewhere between 10-30 minutes because this means for most events you won't need to download multiple files.

Unfortunately, this is a setting that has to be set before the event happens and so there is no way for you to change the 1 minute packet times that your NVR has defaulted to, you will just have to share all the 1-minute files that cover your event and then share a guide with time stamps and corresponding file names for the key moments of the event.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help!
Is there a program that can connect all the small clips together into a longer video?

Upvote 0
Not as far as we are aware, the only way you could do it would be manually using video editing software but even just editing the files together can be seen as modifying/editing evidence which may make it unusable in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Back