01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

My story with hikvision camera imported from Chinese wholesaler

dotbloup

I have bought a Hikvision camera DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL on Ebay that was shipped from China.

This camera worked well by then, I tried to update its firmware using the firmware from the official global site and then a firmware provided by Hikvision support team and I received the error: "File mismatch" as if there was a language issue.
However, in the serial number it said the camera was intended to be sold anywhere in the world because I could see WR in the serial number: DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL20231129AAWRAX1413449

thumbnail_image001.png

I bought the same Hikvision camera DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL from an official seller in my country. I successfully updated the firmware to the last firmware version right away.

I contacted the Chinese Whole seller. Here is what he said:

I just checked it with Hikvision engineer, that the first lot of this new model camera needs Hikvision software to upgrade the firmware.
Could you send your e mail to us?

Then we can send Hikvsion software to you.

Hikvision engineer suggested that the firmware is not neccessary to upgrade now.
The camera are working well with the firmware of the first lot (first version).

I am a bit doubtful about the explanation of the wholesaler.
what do you think?

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2024-06-21 163548.png
    Capture d'écran 2024-06-21 163548.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 18
I have bought a Hikvision camera DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL on Ebay that was shipped from China.

This camera worked well by then, I tried to update its firmware using the firmware from the official global site and then a firmware provided by Hikvision support team and I received the error: "File mismatch" as if there was a language issue.
However, in the serial number it said the camera was intended to be sold anywhere in the world because I could see WR in the serial number: DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL20231129AAWRAX1413449

View attachment 11326

I bought the same Hikvision camera DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL from an official seller in my country. I successfully updated the firmware to the last firmware version right away.

I contacted the Chinese Whole seller. Here is what he said:

I am a bit doubtful about the explanation of the wholesaler.
what do you think?
There's not much to say on this, you've answered your own question - only buy Hikvision from official sellers in your country. You may be able flash the correct regional firmware on to your camera using a serial connection into the camera but it's a bit of a mess on and you risk bricking the camera if you get it wrong. There are guides on how to do it over on the IPCamTalk forum. Otherwise you're stuck with the current firmware.

Back