01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NAS - files saved into first folder only!

rompik

I use 4 x G1 Series cameras (minidomes and cube) that save data to NAS. All used to work fine but after upgrading to firmware V5.5.83 I noticed all video files are saved into one folder only. All other folders / disks where camera has access are never updated - they are all 0 size.

I added 3x network shares (NAS) for each camera - 3x 200GB. When camera initializes the disks it creates folders/files structure on each disk correctly. But the files are never written to any other location except first folder on first disk. As a result I only have about 28hrs of footage recorded and then it gets overwritten.

This didn't happen when I used older firmware (I jumped from some pre-5.5.80) but I cant remember which version it was.
All disks show normal status in Storage Management. I removed / re-added them but it didn't help. I removed all of them and added single disk but still the same problem persist.
Has anyone else experienced that problem?

Thank you Phil!
I think I found when it went wrong. It seems that firmware up to 5.5.80 worked fine. 5.5.82 and x.83 introduced some bug. I have only tested this on one camera so yesterday I downgraded all cameras to 5.5.80. I will need a couple of days to complete the testing I need 1st folder to become full so that it starts using second folder and so on. Then when all folders on first disk are full it starts writing to second disk (folder 1 > folder 2 > folder 3); then it moves to next disk... Then it will restart with disk 1 / folder 1.

With firmware x.82/83 it only utilizes disk1 / folder1 and starts overwriting once that space is exhausted.

Thanks for the feedback and update, maybe also test the new V5.6.0?

Yes I will check it as well (some time next week) after I test whether downgrade solves or not the problem with NAS.

Many thanks Phil!!

Hello Phil,
I can confirm that saving files to NAS works perfectly on all cameras I have (easyIP 3) up to firmware 5.5.80. From 5.5.82 to 5.5.83 it is broken (only first disk and first folder is used and files being constantly overwritten).

I haven't tested this on 5.6.0 yet as I heard there are some problems with downgrading (I don't want to be stuck with NAS issue without being able to revert).

Another customer has fed back that V5.6.0 does not improve this issue :(
We are waiting for further info from Hikvision HQ

Hikvision have confirmed that this issue will be fixed in an upcoming firmware release.
V5.6.2 I believe.
I have asked for an ETA.

Hi, just received Firmware 5.6.2 from hikvision that should solve the issue. I just installed on 4 cam´s and report here if the issue is solved with this new Firmware.

We are still awaiting the general release of V5.6.2

Hi!

Do you know anything about the new firmware? It would be very much because NAS only records 1-2 days!

Thanks!

Laci

Please see top of Hikvision forum for this new firmware (from my mobile).

@Dan is checking for an update on this with Hikvision Tech Support.
We'll update as soon as we know.

Back