01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Need firmware for DS-7716NI-SP, yes SP

marc38103

I find many DS-7716NIxxxx but none are SP. I'm not sure what the SP stands for, but am nervous to pick one of the other DS-7716NI firmware at random :) Which would map to mine?

I tried calling support but Hikvision was like 'no i cant tell users anything about firmware, I mean, yeah this firmware exists, but the unit is no longer in production so installers only'

Is there an installer who can post the firmware? I am currently on V3.4.5 Build 170518

My issue is that although cameras are setup properly and work when I use virtual host or when I plug directly into router and then for either case I use OLD Internet Explorer, then I see images just fine.

But if I try to use the NVR itself, I see only a black screen. Also if I use a modern browser I am told to install a plugin (USSCWebComponent) that does not work (have installed it many times). Since the NVR sees a black screen, it is not able to record, nor can I program alerts within the NVR. I should be able to do them on each camera but thats a hassle I should not have to deal with when I have an NVR. BTW cameras are also Hikvision

V3.4.5 seems to be the newest firmware for your SP NVR:
(although different build ref here, at the UK portal)

thanks that firmware applied properly for me. Didn't solve my black screen though :(

might the cameras need new firmware in order to work with the NVR ? Again the cameras work fine if I use virtual host (while plugged into the POE ports on NVR) or if I plug them directly to my router and then navigate to their IP address - image is fine in those two cases. But not via the NVR on the attached monitor nor thru hik-connect

Hi @marc38103

What camera models do you have and what firmware versions are they currently running?

Today I have a completely new "ui" (all screens have new look but the functionality seems same) and the cameras are working!!!!!

I think the nvr firmware must have done the trick! Thank you!

Reactions: Dan
any chance of a copy of that firmware cant get it anymore DS-7708NI-SP V3.3.4 build 150616 cant get copy of this anyware or am i not understanding the portal correctly

Back