01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Network Disconnected Exceptions

Bink

We purchased a few of the new DS-2CD2442FWD cameras and, unlike our other Hikvision PoE cameras, these cameras report Network Disconnected Exceptions in their logs every 1-3 minutes. Our managed PoE switches report the ports the cameras are using going off-line every 1-3 minutes and coming back online a few seconds later, even though there are no errors reported for these ports. We’ve tried different switch ports and network cabling, in addition to mounting the cameras in different physical locations, but the issue persists, even with the latest firmware.

HOWEVER, if we run a constant ping or ping the camera every minute, the issue is solved.

How do we resolve (without pings!)?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Is the POE switch fully loaded / near it's power budget?
Does it improve if you disconnect a device?

Are the cameras '-W' wireless variants?
I can't remember whether wireless is on by default - is there a wireless connectivity feature that needs to be manually disabled as you are using POE?
(sorry I don't have one to-hand to check against this evening)

Are the cameras '-W' wireless variants?
Yes. Sorry. I should have mentioned that. DS-2CD2442FWD-IW.
I can't remember whether wireless is on by default - is there a wireless connectivity feature that needs to be manually disabled as you are using POE?
Wi-Fi was on by default and, as a standard practice, we disable it—so the issue occurs even with it disabled.

Back