01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Network Exception

Murdo

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I did a software update on my Samsung S8 last night and since then the Hikvision 4500 app isn't working for me, when I try and log in it keeps saying 'Network Exception', my son and wife can still view it on their phones though. I've uninstalled the app and reloaded but it makes no difference, does anyone have any idea what it might be?

Are the network settings in the 4500 app the exact same as they were before the upgrade? I can't think of any other reason off hand for the problem.

Are the network settings in the 4500 app the exact same as they were before the upgrade? I can't think of any other reason off hand for the problem.

I've checked them on my wife's phone and they're the same, totally puzzled.

I've read of something loosely related with HikConnect and Samsung updates. The phone needed to be put into high power mode. It's a long shot, but might be worth a try.

I've just tried and still no joy. I down loaded the older version of the app and that works, so the new samsung update and Nikvision app aren't compatible, the 2 iPhones in the house are okay.

I charged my old Samsung S6 and it's not working on that one either, so not related to the latest update , something's happened between Samsung and the Nikvision iVMS-4500 app, anyone on here using a Samsung phone?

I seem to have the same issue with my Oneplus 6T and my girlfriends Huawei P30, the Hikconnect app works, but iVMS 4500 just gives me network exception.

Mine came back on today, I didn't do anything it just working again. I'm no longer getting the 'Network Exception' message on iVMS4500 - it's worth trying yours now @EZTutty

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to have the same issue with my Oneplus 6T and my girlfriends Huawei P30, the Hikconnect app works, but iVMS 4500 just gives me network exception.

I just got a message from Nikvision just now telling me to log on at i.ezvizlife.com to unlock my account, I'm assuming there's problems with accounts when they're sending that message.

Back