01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Network unstable when viewing playback on Hik-Connect

saunders1989

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,

I not sure if I have some issue with my setup or something else but it is quite frustrating. When trying to view the playback on my iPhone I can see certain parts of the day and some parts (Quite often is it when there is some movement I would like to see) i get the message network unstable trying to reconnect but never does. If I move the timeline back a few minutes it will be okay.

My setup is as follows:

NVR - DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P running this firmware - V4.51.025 build 210927 (I did update to latest a while ago but when viewing on my phone I saw green blocks over the view. Unless that is fixed I will stay on this version)

Cameras - 5 X DS-2CD2387G2-LU running firmware - V5.7.3 build 211222. Video spec is the picture uploaded

My broadband is 100Mbps download and 14.7Mbps upload

Attachments

• vid.jpg
    vid.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 197
I saw the issue after updating to the latest firmwares / v5 of the Connect app, wish I'd never updated.

Ah I’ve always been on these versions as I updated a long time ago. I thought it might have something to do with my bandwidth or setup

It may well be the V5 app. I updated the firmwares and the Connect app on the same day so have been trying to work out what caused the issue (to no avail). However as you are having the same issue and have not changed the firmware it has to be the V5 app IU guess.

I did have this issue before the new iOS app upgrade so I think I can rule that out. I think it’s a setup issue on my end

The green box issue has been resolved with the latest firmware updates / app version update, so I'd update to V4.61.025 before adjusting the video settings.

Just to warn you, however, a small number of the 7608NI-I2 NVRs built in 2015 do suffer from a manufacturing issue that sends them into a boot loop when they're updated to V4.61 (or later), so double-check when yours was purchased - most NVRs are absolutely fine. Hikvision will repair any affected NVRs if this does happen free of charge (see post #25 in the below thread), but you'll of course be without one for a couple of weeks or so, so maybe hold off upgrading until you've spoken to your supplier if it was bought in 2015/2016:

Just to check, are you using V5.0.2 of the iOS app too?

Ah okay cool. I will update to latest version today. I bought my NVR in 2021 so shouldn’t be an issue.

I am using the latest version of the iOS app

Ah OK, you'll be fine to update - let me know if it helps.

Hi Kyle I have updated the NVR. I have tried to reproduce my issue but not seen it yet. I wonder if a reboot would have helped. Will keep an eye on it and see if it happens again

Back