01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New 7100 DVR, registered region is Andorra - how can I reset it?

prop

i recently bought a hik dvr off amazon and i can view ti on my phone and ivms 4200.i have been trying to set it up to view outside my local network, but it says it has been added by another user. i can view it on my phone and under account management it says region is andora and the user name is some numbers and letters. wtf?how can i change it? thanks

It sounds like it's still bound to another Hik-Connect account.
You should be able to unbind it using SADP by following these steps, and then connect it to your account:

tried that , i get this

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 130
  • download.png
    download.png
    262.7 KB · Views: 131
OK, unfortunately, I think you will need to try and return this as that message suggests that it can only be used in Andorra due to the firmware being locked to that region.

This can happen with resellers that aren't authorised by Hikvision, as the equipment is not supplied to them by Hikvision's warehouse in that region, so there is no way of knowing where it is sourced from.

You could try installing firmware for your region if you can find it on Hikvision's website / download portals, but I'm not sure if it will actually allow you to install that firmware.

i`m stuck with this piece of crap , can`t undind it . what`s a good altenative to hikvision?

Hi @prop

We have minimal knowledge of what is currently available in the world of analog DVRs because we only sell Network IR products and we only dip our toe in the analog world when dealing with Hikvision analog DVR users like yourselves.

Analog recorders are not that popular anymore so there aren't many professional brands producing analog products, to get something at a similar price point to the Hikvision you already have you would have to look at consumer brands like Swann.

Hi @prop

there is no solution to convert analog to IP that would be cheaper than just replacing your whole analog system with an IP one.

A single-channel Encoder to encode analog to IP will cost you around £150-200, which is basically the price of a new IP camera.

You might just be better off searching for a current Hikvision analog DVR model and then have a Google around for any authorised Hikvision sellers in your region that are stocking/selling that model.

If you buy a Hikvision DVR from an authorised seller in your region then you shouldn't have any of the issues you had with the first recorder.

Back