01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect New DS-2CD2347GH-LIU - unable to enable Hikconnect?

Moley8

Hi all, hoping you may help with new camera i have bought. This camera is to replace a another camera as was not satisfied with FOV, The camera replaced was a DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColorVu working as a standalone camera and working through Hikconnect.

On the new camera i bench tested, connected to laptop found via SADP, did not test hikconnect.

Replaced old camera with new camera working as standalone with SD card in, attempted to enable hikconnect via platform access, does not show online have also tried adding device to hikconnect.com, comes up with device cannot be added.

So played about for last 2 days, even changed SD card again, i can see and view new camera on hikconnect only via wifi and on same LAN, as soon as i try out of range or via mobile data i cannot view anything. Ive gone through most things i am hoping it is something silly.

Could it be this new camera DS-2CD2347GH-LIU can be viewed by hikconnect only if linked up to a NVR and not as a standalone camera as i am doing (cannot recall reading about this).

PS - i assigned the new camera with an unused ip address and even tried it on another ip address and then tried it on the old camera ip address all works fine as it should except hikconnect without wifi

Appreciate any pointers please
thanks

Solution
@Moley8
Go Network - Basic Settings - DNS Server and add a DNS. Usual is Google's 8.8.8.8 as Preferred and 8.8.4.4 as Alternate or you could add your Router's Gateway as Preferred(works for me and 192.168.1.1).
You might need to wait a few seconds to see your device as Online
images

Attachments

• 1716122529816.jpg
    1716122529816.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 1716122529820.jpg
    1716122529820.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 86
Upvote 0
@Moley8
Go Network - Basic Settings - DNS Server and add a DNS. Usual is Google's 8.8.8.8 as Preferred and 8.8.4.4 as Alternate or you could add your Router's Gateway as Preferred(works for me and 192.168.1.1).
You might need to wait a few seconds to see your device as Online

Upvote 1
Solution
woop woop, all sorted used the DNS settings as you suggested and all working great. What a simple solution which i would not have found without your help, thank you so much and very much appreciated. Gonna now put the old camera on rear of house. Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Back