01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New HIKVISION user - first install of cameras/NVR

smf

Hi everyone,

Please excuse my ignorance but it is fair to say that i am fresh newbie at this CCTV system setup and installation business.

I recently purchased 4 x DS-2CD2385FWD-I 4mm cameras and a DS7608-I2 NVR. The cameras have been installed around the house and and the NVR installed. Using HIK CONNECT app on the phone I can access and view the cameras.

When connecting the monitor to the NVR i can view and access some of the camera settings.

However, when registering the cameras through SADP - I can't.

SADP doesn't recognise the cameras only the NVR. I did read somewhere that SADP wont recognise the cameras due to the NVR having POE ports and a different LAN setup or something. (Like I said i am new to this game).

HIK CONNECT wont allow me to register the cameras either as it is says to connect them to the network, than when I connect the camera directly to the router, it still does not work.

What am I missing out on and what am i not doing correctly?

Thanks all.

If your cameras are direct-connected to your NVR's ports they won't show in SADP.
Likewise, you only need to add the NVR to your Hik-Connect account, you can then see your cameras (live and recordings) via the NVR.

Hi everyone.
I am a newbie. I have a 7608NI-12-8p Nvr and 4 cameras that are plugged in to nvr.
SADP wont recognise the cameras due to the NVR having a different LAN setup.
I can acces cameras from hik connect.
I would like to know how can I acces my cameras through my web browser and SADP? Could it be done in Nvr configuration? or i have to have a POE swich and connect my cameras and nvr via poe swich?

Thank you
best regards
Paulius

Thank you for reply.
Do I have to change my NVR's internal nic?
router is 192.168.0.1
nvr - 192.168.0.30
nvr nic 192.168.254.1

thank you
Paulius

Back