01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New I.E. login behavior - Windows Security (iexplore.exe) - remember my credentials

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
A new problem today - when logging into either my NVR or any of my cameras, I.E. asks for the usual name/password. But then it immediately pops up another box asking for the login credentials again, as shown below. Then when I go to almost any tab or function, it asks for them again. If I hit Live View, it asks for them again, then when adding each camera to the Live View, etc. I.E. is on the latest build, and Web Components have been updated. Anybody ever see this? It makes it extremely tedious to do anything with my system, such as when updating all my cameras to the new firmware. Ticking "remember my credentials" does nothing, as it keeps popping up with the same exact message.

I rebooted the whole system but it persists.

AliiXXu.jpg

Prior searching came up with nothing, but I stumbled onto a Microsoft forum thread about this very issue. I can't profess to understand the techie jargon, but it amounts to the new version of I.E. has done something to block authentication when your computer reaches out to another server on the network. So when you open I.E. and type in your NVR's (or camera's) IP address, I.E. will repeatedly ask for login credentials. The solution is to designate that IP address as a "trusted site." You have to click the button circled in red and add your NVR's local IP address and it will fix the issue. Thanks for the crappy update MS!

1YxkhN8.jpg

Back