01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect New V5 version of the App - when I pause playback the screen goes grey so the image is lost?

flippermaj

Until mid week playback worked fine and I could pause the playback and the image remained allowing me to zoom in for further detail.

Since mid week when I pause a playback the screen goes grey so the image is lost. If I resume the playback the clip runs but I still can not pause it without losing the image. How do I fix this?

Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• Playback pause fails.png
    Playback pause fails.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 133
Until mid week playback worked fine and I could pause the playback and the image remained allowing me to zoom in for further detail.

Since mid week when I pause a playback the screen goes grey so the image is lost. If I resume the playback the clip runs but I still can not pause it without losing the image. How do I fix this?

Cheers
Mark
It seems to be a bug in the new version 5 app. Pause icon stops the video during live stream, normal playback and event clip playback. It should only do that during live stream (and the icon there should be stop not pause as that’s what it is doing) It will require an update from Hikvision to resolve it. The new app also randomly logs out of the service requiring users to enter their passwords again. Tagging @Kyle and the team to mention to Hik Support if possible?

Upvote 0
Hi @flippermaj and @JB1970,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have passed the information on to Hikvision for them to have a look at.
Thanks @Jake Hulks

The app logging out doesn't seem to affect everyone. Mine has logged out without reason 5 or 6 times now as it has for one of my customers but I've another family member where their app has remained logged in for the last 6 days without issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems to be a bug in the new version 5 app. Pause icon stops the video during live stream, normal playback and event clip playback. It should only do that during live stream (and the icon there should be stop not pause as that’s what it is doing) It will require an update from Hikvision to resolve it. The new app also randomly logs out of the service requiring users to enter their passwords again. Tagging @Kyle and the team to mention to Hik Support if possible?

I see the same with event playback, however I don't get logged out. The app has remained logged in since it auto updated to v5 last weekend.

Perhaps Hik can fix the 'Events(99+)' bug too?

Upvote 0
The app logging out doesn't seem to affect everyone. Mine has logged out without reason 5 or 6 times now as it has for one of my customers but I've another family member where their app has remained logged in for the last 6 days without issue.
Both IOS?

however I don't get logged out. The app has remained logged in since it auto updated to v5 last weekend.
IOS or Android?

Upvote 0

Cheers
Mark
There is a new version update

Upvote 0
There is a new version update
I had a look yesterday evening and mine is on the latest version (5.0.1.20221208).

This morning the app is asking for log in again. However if I ignore the prompt and close the login page, click 'Me', then return to the 'Home' tab, I'm logged in again. It seems that the app is logged in but thinks it isn't causing the prompt.

It seems to be a bug in the new version 5 app. Pause icon stops the video during live stream, normal playback and event clip playback. It should only do that during live stream (and the icon there should be stop not pause as that’s what it is doing) It will require an update from Hikvision to resolve it.

@Phil, The above is a bit more complicated:

- Pause during Live View now does pause the stream leaving a static image, clicking again resumes the stream jumping to the current time. That's an improvement as I don't think you could live pause on previous versions.

- Pause during normal playback now works as expected - pausing playback and freezing the image and resuming playback at the same position when clicking again.

- Pause during event playback still stops playback with a grey screen so remains broken.

Upvote 0
Afternoon,

Hikvision has gotten back to me about this.

They have confirmed that there is a 'grey-out bug' after pausing in playback and that this bug will be resolved in the next update, which will be at the beginning of next year.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Upvote 0
Back