01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newbee with first thoughts

Gwladok5

Hullo!! I've just joined this forum after having had my new CCTV system installed. I've had early experience of Hikvision's Technical Support and as I've read somewhere else, someone's already said - its crap! I've spoken to someone in the UK office regarding the monitoring software for my PC & got nowhere. It seems they can't access anything from their end so I'm stumped to get any application running.
I've also been in contact with a tech guy from China; this is because I can't get the applications running properly on both my iPAD or android phone. Surprisingly, he's actually said that they are reluctant to give support if you've bought the kit from anyone not "authorised" by them. I've dropped a line to Amazon UK regarding that!
I'm very reluctant to reset my system to Factory Settings in case I lose all functionality. I was wondering whether it might be worth looking at other software which is compatible with the Hikvision kit, even if I have to pay for it.

Correct, Hikvision will only support customers who purchased through official channels, like use-IP (hint hint! ;) ). Many Hikvision products on Amazon are fulfilled by grey-market suppliers.

Shameless self-plugs aside, it might be worth letting us know what the issue is you're experiencing and we'll be able to potentially resolve it for you.

Back