01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newbie help?

andy_con

Just purchased some hikvision kit and it's proving very difficult to operate.

I have a ds-7600 series nvr with 3tb HD
Ds-2cd2365g1-1 Camera

All is brand new.

Did the pointless and stupid camera activation no issues, so I know the ip address and log in details.

But the nvr does not pick up the camera full stop, even if I enter the camera details manually it won't find it.

Can someone please help?

Do you have any error messages when you try and add it? Does it add it and then you cannot see it?

Can you log into the camera by entering the Ip address into an internet explorer window?

suggest some screen shots

Do you have any error messages when you try and add it? Does it add it and then you cannot see it?

Can you log into the camera by entering the Ip address into an internet explorer window?

suggest some screen shots
I just get a little warning triangle as shown below (cam1)
as you can see ive entered the ip address and username and password for the camera

etlhji.jpg

its being powered by the nvr

9e0fdZ.jpg

I believe both nvr and camera are on the same subnet

Un5BJO.jpg

and yes if I plug camera into my home hub I can log in and view the image etc...

Your default gate way cannot be 0.0.0.0 your NVR is not on your router network I think so when your plugging things in your router is not assigning the correct addresses to things

As well as connecting the cameras to the back of the unit, have you then connected the NVR to your router?

Your default gate way cannot be 0.0.0.0 your NVR is not on your router network I think so when your plugging things in your router is not assigning the correct addresses to things
ok so should I change it?

As well as connecting the cameras to the back of the unit, have you then connected the NVR to your router?

camera is plugged directly into the back of the nvr

I had to plug the camera into my home hub in order to activate it

What about the NVR is that then connected to your router?

Well try that and then add the camera again
why?

I want the system to be a completely standalone system. or is that not possible?

wont I need to completely configure the nvr to work with my home hub?

Hi @andy_con

If you want the system to be completely standalone then you will have to directly connect all the cameras to the PoE ports on the NVR because if they are set up on your local network via a PoE switch or injector the NVR can only see them/reach them if it is also connected to the local network and has default gateway set.

If you do want it to be standalone then we would recommend you hard reset each camera (either log in with a browser and reset from the maintenance menu or open the MicroSD card cover and reset using the reset button) and then directly connect each camera to the NVRs PoE ports and the cameras will be activated with the NVRs camera activation password and they will be assigned a subnet address by the NVR. Doing it this way you then have a closed-loop system that is not connected to the local network and is only accessible via the direct monitor.

Hi @andy_con

If you want the system to be completely standalone then you will have to directly connect all the cameras to the PoE ports on the NVR because if they are set up on your local network via a PoE switch or injector the NVR can only see them/reach them if it is also connected to the local network and has default gateway set.

If you do want it to be standalone then we would recommend you hard reset each camera (either log in with a browser and reset from the maintenance menu or open the MicroSD card cover and reset using the reset button) and then directly connect each camera to the NVRs PoE ports and the cameras will be activated with the NVRs camera activation password and they will be assigned a subnet address by the NVR. Doing it this way you then have a closed-loop system that is not connected to the local network and is only accessible via the direct monitor.
thanks for your reply.

but isn't that the point of a 4 channel nvr? you connect 4 cameras directly to the nvr to record etc... then you can connect the nvr to the internet via the port on the back if you want to live view from a phone etc...?

ill give your suggestion a go, thanks

Hi @andy_con

thank you for the advice, camera connected and working and nvr connected and work from the mobile app.

Reactions: Dan
Back