01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Newly added Camera not being detected by my Hikvision NVR?

Sonic007

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,

We've got an old DS-7732NI-SP NVR at work and I recently purchased another camera for it. DS-2CD2045FWD
I thought the NVR may pick it up but it is not seeing the camera on the NVR's port. The camera is getting power as I see the lights flashing on the port.

Am I going to have to setup a laptop with a static IP connection and connect the camera directly to laptop, login to it, then change the IP to the same as NVR subnet and then it should appear?

Thanks.

Hi @Sonic007

Have you tried hard resetting the camera as you connect it to the NVR?
When looking at the camera management page on the NVR do you see any error messages or signs of the camera attempting to connect to the channel you have it connected to?

Hi Dan. Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried resetting the camera and it didn’t work.

I installed the SADP tool and connected my laptop directly to the NVR.
I was able to see the camera and tried to give it the same IP address as is listed in the NVR for the port the camera is on. It accepts and saves the IP but the camera still won’t be seen by the NVR.

If In SADP I set the camera to DHCP then it returns an invalid 169 address. So I’m guessing NVR isn’t assigning an address.

I’m going to try updating the NVR firmware tomorrow unless you think of anything else I could try?

Thankyou for the help.

Update:
I updated firmware on NVR, reset camera again and it’s now found it.

All is working. :)

Reactions: Dan
Back