01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No colour - I've tried three different cameras?

Glynn Fletcher

Hi everyone, I am a new member and have a problem which I hope someone out there can help with. I have a Hikvision recorder with 8 channels. One camera started only recording in black and white after about a year of recording as it should. I bought another camera and this also records in only black and white. I bought another which also only does this. Am I doing something silly or have I got 3 defective cameras? I changed leads, input channels, all to no avail.
HELP please.
Glynn

Hi Dan, thanks for replying. The set up is with a Hikvision 7208 recorder which has 8 channels even though I am only using 4. The cameras are 1080 2.0 mp. 1200 TVL ADH dome ones , only cheap ones off eBay for about £10 each, 3 channels are and have been working brilliantly but the 4th only records now in B&W even though it used to work in colour. I have replaced the camera (twice) and the lead to it and changed it to a different input but still only B&W. It appears that I have had 3 duff cameras. I have checked the input with another working camera and it works in colour.
thanks.
Glynn

Ok, the setup sounds correct and from what you have tried it would not appear to be an issue with the recorder, this leads me to agree that all cameras are probably faulty. In future, I would not recommend that you purchase cameras that cheap because from our experience cameras less than £30-40 are almost guaranteed to be poor quality.

For the best results with the DVR model you have, we would recommend that you use Hikvision's Turbo HD Camera range.

Hi Dan, thanks for replying. The set up is with a Hikvision 7208 recorder which has 8 channels even though I am only using 4. The cameras are 1080 2.0 mp. 1200 TVL ADH dome ones , only cheap ones off eBay for about £10 each, 3 channels are and have been working brilliantly but the 4th only records now in B&W even though it used to work in colour. I have replaced the camera (twice) and the lead to it and changed it to a different input but still only B&W. It appears that I have had 3 duff cameras. I have checked the input with another working camera and it works in colour.
thanks.
Glynn
Hey there!
Which recorder and camera models are you using?

Hi @FranziskaS

The user has already stated the models in their above post and we have both agreed that the cameras are likely faulty.

Hi @FranziskaS

The user has already stated the models in their above post and we have both agreed that the cameras are likely faulty.
Hi Dan!
Yeah I've seen that.
I'm wondering wether the 8Ch-recorder he used is one of the PoC series like the 7208HUHI-K2/P as that's not specified in his answer.
I recently had those issues too. I was using a 8Ch-PoC recorder with 8 non-PoC Cameras and had the same issues on all channels even tho they've been connected with RG59+ (Coax & 12V) and PoC was deactivated in the DVR. All pictures were B/W and stayed liked that. I even tried different non-PoC Cameras and they showed the same issue. Once I connected a PoC-Cam the issue was gone. I asked the support of my distributor and they confirmed that this is one of the issues which can occure due to an incompatibility between PoC-Recorder and Non-PoC Camera.
Sorry for my spelling/grammar. I'm not a native speaker but I hope my reply is somewhat understandable.

Hi Dan and anyone else,
fitted camera and it is brilliant so I have ordered 3 more turbo ones to replace my “cheapies”. The new one sometimes doesn’t change back to colour in the morning but if I power down and up again the camera changes to colour. The colour by the way is fantastic compared with the old ones.
Glynn

Reactions: Dan
Back