01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Face Detection

webstarblue

Hi, I posted this onto another thread but think maybe that wasn't correct so i have resubmitted it separately. If that is wrong please remove if necessary.

I have a DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR and a DS-2CD2345FWD cam. I do not get notification or any acknowledgement for face detection and VCA says no device available. I get motion detection ok.

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 20.57.39.png

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 20.58.30.png

Screenshot 2019-08-28 at 20.58.43.png

I hope that makes sense.
Thank you

Enable 'Rules' also.
Watch the Live preview video.
It should highlight faces in a green box.
Is that working?

As always - check the portals and make sure that you are using the latest firmware for your devices (cameras and NVR).

Hi Phil
I have logged into my camera but cannot find 'rules' to enable.
I know my NVR is updated but I believe, possibly wrongly, that there isn't yet an update for my camera which is running V5.5.82 build 181211.

I have logged into my camera but cannot find 'rules' to enable.
I know my NVR is updated but I believe, possibly wrongly, that there isn't yet an update for my camera which is running V5.5.82 build 181211.

The latest firmware for the 2345 is actually v5.6.2 and the latest version for the 7604 NVR (non-B version) is v3.4.103

You can find 'rules' under the local menu when logged in to the NVR with a browser, it may not appear on some browser but you definitely will be able to find it when accessing with Internet Explorer.

Hi Dan, thanks for your help. I am away for a few days but will try as you suggest when I am back.

Hi again. I updated my camera to 5.6.2 but when I try to update the NVR directly using a screen connected to NVR, it tells me I already have the latest firmware. I have face detection enabled but still not getting any alarms.

Try this:
Click the cog (image below). Check your Arming Schedule is set to all-day every-day. Then under Linkage Action, check Audible Warning to make it easier to confirm it's working.
Next check Menu>Configuration>Exceptions. Make sure Enable Event Hint is ticked. Click the cog next to Event Hint Settings and make sure Face Detection is ticked.

Hi, just tried what you suggested and everything was already set as you suggested. Thanks for your help

In your camera settings, under Configuration>Smart Event>Face Detection check Notify Surveillance Center is ticked. For testing it's best to look straight at the camera from less than a couple meters away for the alert to trigger reliably.

Yup, thats already done but I have noticed my sensitivity is only on 4, so I have upped it to 5 and will test it tomorrow, thank you for your trouble

Back