01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NO HDD DETECTED

Jerry

Hi

I recently added a third camera to my Hikvision NVR, and soon after my HDD stopped working.

The HDD 'doesn't exist' when going into the menu. I've tried rebooting and initializing the HDD and it still doesn't work.
I've also tried shutting it down, disconnecting the HDD, turning it back on and it still, says it doesn't exist.

Any ideas how to fix this?

For reference I use a HIKVISION DS-7600S and a Seagate Skyhawk 4tb HDD.

Hi

I recently added a third camera to my Hikvision NVR, and soon after my HDD stopped working.

The HDD 'doesn't exist' when going into the menu. I've tried rebooting and initializing the HDD and it still doesn't work.
I've also tried shutting it down, disconnecting the HDD, turning it back on and it still, says it doesn't exist.

Any ideas how to fix this?

For reference I use a HIKVISION DS-7600S and a Seagate Skyhawk 4tb HDD.

Is it not visible at all in the list. You said you initialised it but it has to be listed to do that.

If the reference to the old disk is there but it's now showing that it doesn't exist, use the Delete function to remove it completely, then fully power down on the NVR. When you switch it back on, you may be able to initialise it.

Can you hear the disk spin up when you power it up? Leave the lid off temporarily while you power it up. If it’s an 8 channel or above try using the other unused SATA port adjacent. Otherwise the disk may simply be faulty. You could take it out and try it in a USB caddy to prove it.

Last edited:
Back