01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No longer get playback on notifications?

WayneMc

Hi, I’ve had Hik cameras and DVR on my home for a number years, and only really access via the app to view notifications. I’ve noticed recently the playback facility has gone from each notification event, and it now only provides a still image. I assume I would now need to go in to the specific camera and search back to the event on playback. I have changed nothing on the app or main equipment. Is this now the standard settings for notifications on HIK, or has something somehow changed in the settings on my device? Thanks for any advice.

Playback is still there for clips on notifications. You do not mention which app you’re using but mention you’ve had the system for years. Firstly you should make sure you’re using the Hik-Connect app and not iVMS-4500 on your device. IVMS-4500 was retired in Feb 2022 (along with HiDDNS service) and although it will still function, it will not update and if deleted cannot be reinstalled. If you’re already using the Hik-Connect app ensure it is up to date. For Android devices you need to installl from appstore.hikvision.com as it’s not up to date on the Google Play store. You’ll also want to ensure your NVR/DVR (and cameras if IP models) are running the latest firmware available for them.

If you post what model version and firmware your system is (available from the settings menu) and what app you’re using that would be helpful.

Back