01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No Resource : NVR 7608 with 4 x 8MP cameras connected

gjramm

I have had 3 cameras connected to an 8 port NVR over POE. All of these have been displaying a LiveView fro HDMI connection to a Samsung screen. All 3 camera are set to 8MP under Main stream. I recently added a new turret as the 4th camera (IP connected not via a POE port on the NVR) and this causes one of the other main stream live view to show as No Resource when in a 2*2 live view configuration.
Reducing one or two of the cameras to 4MP Main Stream fixes the issue as does using the low res sub stream in the live view.

I am wondering why the live view in a 2*2 split screen cannot handle all 4 cameras set as 8MP?

I updated all cameras and NVR to latest firmware yesterday.

Hi @gjramm

Can you please confirm the exact NVR and camera models that you have?

Thanks @Dan

NVR is DS-7608NI-I2/8P (V4.40.017 build 201124)
Cameras are:
DS-2CD2385FWD-I x 2 (v5.6.5 build 200316)
DS-2CD2T85FWD-I5 (v5.6.5 build 200316)
New addition is: DS-2CD2385G1-I (v5.6.2 build 190701) - may need a SF upgrade still)

Ok,

Can you share screenshots of the video stream settings for each camera? (including the one showing no resource)

Ok,

Can you share screenshots of the video stream settings for each camera? (including the one showing no resource)

Attachments

• IMG_0754.JPG
    IMG_0754.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 360
  • IMG_0755.JPG
    IMG_0755.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_0756.JPG
    IMG_0756.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 347
Thanks,

I think the issue is likely related to the frame rate and/or bit rate, the 2x85FWD/2x85G1 cameras support a max. 20fps when set to 8MP resolution and the I-series NVR can decode a maximum 4 x 8MP 25fps camera streams at the same time, you have the cameras set to 'full frame' which sometimes can make the cameras frame rate fluctuate which may be confusing the NVRs ability to decode all 4 cameras, we would recommend setting to 20fps instead. Also, what is strange with your stream settings is that you have H.265+ enabled and still have access to the max. bitrate settings, on our demo I-series NVR the 8MP cameras running H.265+ have these options greyed out because at the higher compression level the bitrate is controlled automatically. On our demo system, the 8MP cameras have a max. bitrate of 8192Kbps and so if you have control of those max. bitrate settings I would set them to 8192 or higher to make sure you are not strangling the camera's bitrate/bandwidth requirements.

Thanks,

I think the issue is likely related to the frame rate and/or bit rate, the 2x85FWD/2x85G1 cameras support a max. 20fps when set to 8MP resolution and the I-series NVR can decode a maximum 4 x 8MP 25fps camera streams at the same time, you have the cameras set to 'full frame' which sometimes can make the cameras frame rate fluctuate which may be confusing the NVRs ability to decode all 4 cameras, we would recommend setting to 20fps instead. Also, what is strange with your stream settings is that you have H.265+ enabled and still have access to the max. bitrate settings, on our demo I-series NVR the 8MP cameras running H.265+ have these options greyed out because at the higher compression level the bitrate is controlled automatically. On our demo system, the 8MP cameras have a max. bitrate of 8192Kbps and so if you have control of those max. bitrate settings I would set them to 8192 or higher to make sure you are not strangling the camera's bitrate/bandwidth requirements.
With H.265+ enabled the Max Bitrate mode and Max Bit Rate options are greyed out.
The values in those fields are those from when I removed the + setting.

I have dropped video quality to medium for all and frame rate down to 10fps for all.

Issue persists.

The cameras can function and record fine an Highest for video quality and Full frame rate at 8MP resolution.
I can view all 4 in live view within the Hik-Connect app

I think the issue may be to do with the HDMI output resolution which is set to 1920*1080 (60hz) 1080P

With H.265+ enabled the Max Bitrate mode and Max Bit Rate options are greyed out.
The values in those fields are those from when I removed the + setting.

I have dropped video quality to medium for all and frame rate down to 10fps for all.

Issue persists.

The cameras can function and record fine an Highest for video quality and Full frame rate at 8MP resolution.
I can view all 4 in live view within the Hik-Connect app

I think the issue may be to do with the HDMI output resolution which is set to 1920*1080 (60hz) 1080P
maybe not though
As I see same No Resource issue when outputing to Aux monitor via D-Sub connection

Yeah, I think it is just a limitation of the NVR decoding capabilities and as long as it is still recording all the cameras at max. settings the live stream is less important because when you are viewing 4 x 8MP live streams in 2*2 layout you are not actually viewing the full 8MP image of any of those cameras because even on a 4K screen that 8MP image is being compressed into 1/4 of that 8MP screen. We usually recommend that you just live view as many cameras as you can in main-stream resolution and then leave the rest on sub-stream and then if you need to look at any of those sub-stream images in more detail you can just double-click the live view to blow that camera up to full screen and main-stream resolution.

We usually recommend that you just live view as many cameras as you can in main-stream resolution and then leave the rest on sub-stream

Dan

Can you tell me how you set this up please.

NVR is 7608 K series running the latest version 3 software.

Thanks

Ok, first off I would recommend you update your K2 NVR to the latest V4 Firmware

If you are on a V3 firmware older than v3.4.112 I would recommend updating to that version first before then updating to the latest v4 firmware (v4.30.060)

Thanks Dan but don't want to go to the version 4 software as by all accounts from the comments on your forum it's not great so sticking with the version 3 at the moment. I am running version 3.4.112 build 200604.

Can you give me advice on how to do the settings with this software.

Thanks a lot

ok, the live view setup I described above is specifically for the direct monitor live view which should just automatically shift the channels that cannot be viewed in main-stream to sub-stream. If you are accessing with a browser the closest you can get to the same thing would be to go to the NVR local menu and enable 'auto start live view' and select sub-stream, that way all the live views should start in sub-stream and then you can double-click any particular one you want to view in main-stream or manually switch each split-screen window to main-stream using the stream icon at the bottom of the live view window when you need to.

Back