01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware No Video After Firmware Update on my DS-7204HUI-K1 DVR?

Boki

Hello All,

I have a DS-7204HUI-K1 that I just did a firmware update on (from the product page on the HIK website). After the update, I am not longer getting live video from any of the 4 cameras.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi @Boki

What firmware version did you update to please?

Also, which interface have you lost the live view on - in the mobile app, in a web browser/iVMS-4200, directly on the NVR, or all of these?
Are you still able to view Playback OK?

Are you viewing this in a browser?
If so, it's perhaps a browser compatibility issue.

Can you check on a direct-connected monitor?

What firmware version do you now have installed on the DVR please?
[Snap @Kyle ]

Hi @Boki

What firmware version did you update to please?

Also, which interface have you lost the live view on - in the mobile app, in a web browser/iVMS-4200, directly on the NVR, or all of these?
Are you still able to view Playback OK?
I upgraded to latest firmware for this unit which is v3.5.22_171018 as per the product page.

The live video isn’t working on all of the sources mentioned. However, the system does indicate there ARE 4 cameras, so it is picking up the hardware.

When I go to playback directly on the unit, the system appears to load the footage, but freezes shortly after.

Last edited:
Try this newer firmware - V4.25.001

The product pages aren't the most reliable source for firmware annoyingly, especially for discontinued products!

Try this newer firmware - V4.25.001

The product pages aren't the most reliable source for firmware annoyingly, especially for discontinued products!
You are amazing, that worked! The feed is back, and the UI is much snappier now as well.

Last edited:
Back