01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Not receiving call notification when doorbell pressed

hlocal

Hi

I have the Hikvision DS-KB6403 installed with HK Connect app on a Samsung S9+ Android. Until recently, I was able to receive notification on the phone by a phone call when the doorbell pressed. This no longer works, only receiving notification.

I tested this using an Apple phone and it works fine on that device. Wondering if there's any set-up I need to do on the phone/ door bell

Hi @hlocal

What version of Hik-Connect are you running on the Samsung/Android device?

Hi Dan - On the Samsung S9+ android phone, Hik-Connect version is V4.9.1.1020

Ok, I have spoken to Hikvision Support and they are aware of the issue, which is unique to Samsung devices, and have told me that the new Hik-Connect v4.10 which should be released by the end of this week will resolve the issue.

Thanks Dan, I tested earlier this morning and it works. :)
I've shared access to another Samsung device, its not ringing that device but I need to check settings. Hopefully it'll all be good.
Thanks for your very quick help.

Reactions: Dan
Couldn't get sharing to ring on the 2nd phone, had the alert, view, audio etc ticked. I don't think sharing worked previously so I logged using the 1st phones credentials and that worked. Both phoned rang pretty close to immediately on pressing the door bell.

It works fine but if anyone has sharing working, please let us know.

Back