01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Notifications not being sent to mobile phone?

acordib

Hi

Although the cameras are recording we are not getting any notifictions on mobile app. Have logged in and out, closed and restarted phone, no change. Our Device is DS-7604NI-K1-4P. Notifications are enabled, it looks as if all the plugs are in the right place in the back of the DVR. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @acordib

What firmware version do you currently have installed on your NVR please?
Also, what mobile app are you using, which version of this is installed, and is that for iOS or Android?
Have you added the NVR to the app, rather than each camera individually?

Hi thank you for coming back to me. I'm afraid I don't know what firmware is installed. Does V4.32 110 build 211009 sound helpful

App is for IOS and I have just updated this morning. to V4.26.0 the NVR is on the app.

Although the cameras are recording we are not getting any notifictions on mobile app.
Have you previously had notifications working and they've stopped or is this a new setup and they've never worked?

Have always had notifications until recently when I changed the location of the recorder. All the plugs are connected correctly and we get live view on the app, just no recording.

Have always had notifications until recently when I changed the location of the recorder. All the plugs are connected correctly and we get live view on the app, just no recording.
So you've physically moved the recorder.

• How is the recorder connected to the network? Is it plugged directly into the router?
  • Can you still see your cameras when you're not at home using the app?
  • Although the cameras are recording
    just no recording.
    Are the cameras recording? (I'm assuming it's a typo and you meant 'just no notifications')

Recorder is connected directly to router.

I can see live view but we aren’t getting any notifications when anyone passes cameras

I assume nothing has been changed in the configuration for events and that 'Notify Surveillance Center' is still enabled in those settings.

As the recorder was powered down and moved, it may have established a new UPnP session and the previous one is still in the routers memory. I would suggest powering down the router for a few minutes, that will clear the UPnP table and cache in the router. Hopefully when you power the router back on and the NVR reconnects it will sort itself out. If not, I'm out of ideas unfortunately.

Last edited:
what peeves me off is that I have the NVR set up via an IP address in Hik Connect ( I use wireguard ), the NVR does not send notifications to the App unless you use the cloud account (which is dog slow) .

Back