01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR-108H-D/8P Motion Detection no working.

frizby66

Have a NVR-108H-D/8P connected to. 4 x Acti D31 external cameras. Cameras are connected and working fine using the Acti profile for the camera configuration. However, I can’t get motion detection to work with the cameras and can’t see anything in the manual to say they should not work. Have set the recording schedule to be event driven, however when I try and set the detection area for the cameras, there is no grid and no option to add or remove detection areas.
Am I missing something or are non-hikvision cameras not supported for motion detection?

Hi @frizby66

It is likely a compatibility issue, the features of 3rd-party cameras that are supported by an NVR can vary from model to model and the most common features not supported is smart events like motion detection. It also probably doesn't help that the NVR model you have is from the Hikvision HiLook range which is their entry-level consumer range, many users of these HiLook NVRs have reported compatibility issues with a wide variety of 3rd-party cameras and the only models that are fully supported are their own HiLook cameras.

I did suspect this, although having read through (prior to purchase) all if the specs and user manual, there is no mention of this limitation!

Back