01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P RCA audio out?

uvs-300

I have tried all settings but cant get any audio coming out of the rear audio rca output jack on the rear panel of the nvr.
I get audio on my hikconnect phone app.
My audio amp setup works as I can get a hum by touching the centre pin of the rca plug cable.
Guessing its line level that should be coming out but nothing.

Help

I have tried all settings but cant get any audio coming out of the rear audio rca output jack on the rear panel of the nvr.
I get audio on my hikconnect phone app.
My audio amp setup works as I can get a hum by touching the centre pin of the rca plug cable.
Guessing its line level that should be coming out but nothing.

Help
I think the audio might only be active when it's enabled on the live view. Depending on the exact model and firmware of your NVR (DS-7608NI??????) you need to ensure audio is enabled. You should be able to find that in the NVR settings on the local monitor (in most cases you cannot enable it from the web browser as the setting is not accessible). Also when viewing the cameras in a multi-screen on the monitor, the sound is off/muted for all cameras. On the connected monitor, you would need to hover over the toolbar on the camera and unmute it. The audio that would come out of the TV/monitor is what you will get out of the RCA connection I believe.

Thank for your reply.
Still no joy.
NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P v4.50.010 build 210322.
I know the firmware is not up to date but have tried the latest and find it causes video studdering on live and playback viewing.
Ive just upgraded a camera to a DS-2CD2387G2-LU which is why my interest in gaining the audio output for my audio amp via NVR.
With the audio working great in hikconnect on my android phone it does look as if the NVR is the issue and have looked at all the settings in the NVR via the GUI on my HDMI monitor.
I may have to try and see if I can get audio out of the HDMI monitor to my audio amp.
Monitor is a Samsung 4k LU28E590.
Is audio out passed on the HDMI cable to the monitor ?
Not many threads on the audio out from NVR subject.
Ideas

Thanks

Thank for your reply.
Still no joy.
NVR DS-7608NI-I2/8P v4.50.010 build 210322.
I know the firmware is not up to date but have tried the latest and find it causes video studdering on live and playback viewing.
Ive just upgraded a camera to a DS-2CD2387G2-LU which is why my interest in gaining the audio output for my audio amp via NVR.
With the audio working great in hikconnect on my android phone it does look as if the NVR is the issue and have looked at all the settings in the NVR via the GUI on my HDMI monitor.
I may have to try and see if I can get audio out of the HDMI monitor to my audio amp.
Monitor is a Samsung 4k LU28E590.
Is audio out passed on the HDMI cable to the monitor ?
Not many threads on the audio out from NVR subject.
Ideas

Thanks
The firmware will not be the cause of the stuttering but it's so out of date you'd need to upgrade through 4.51.005, 4.60.000 and 4.61.000 before finally loading 4.61.025.

What I mentioned was that even if the live view audio is enabled in the settings (it's in System > Live View > General > 'Enable Audio Output' and is set per video output), the sound won't be emitted on the connection until a camera is 'unmuted' on the live view monitor screen. It's an 8 channel NVR so if you had 8 audio enabled cameras on the NVR, which one would you expect to here through the output? It's likely to be dependent upon the camera selected in the live view (and it needs to be unmuted manually). I'm not actually sure that the phono connection will output camera audio. I'd expect the primary use to be connection to an amp and PA speakers. When you activate the two way audio function in Hik-Connect you get an option "NVR' or 'IP Camera'. 'IP Camera' allows you to speak through a Live Guard camera (ISU or LSU model) whereas selecting 'NVR' will send the speech out of that phono connection on the NVR.

Audio is sent out through the HDMI output, but again it has to be enabled and a camera needs to be selected and unmuted.

Back