01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Nvr Hikvision password problem

ste92

Hi everyone I have a problem, I installed a Nvr 7608 NI I2 8P with the latest firmware: 4.21.008.
I turned it on and following the guided creation I got to the point of inserting the unlock sign but didn't ask me for the admin password. unfortunately I only set the unlock sign, but then I had a problem, I had to go into an ip camera and asked me for user and password but how do I know what password it is?
how do you set the admin password?
trying to set it asks me for the old password.
thanks

Hi everyone I have a problem, I installed a Nvr 7608 NI I2 8P with the latest firmware: 4.21.008.
I turned it on and following the guided creation I got to the point of inserting the unlock sign but didn't ask me for the admin password. unfortunately I only set the unlock sign, but then I had a problem, I had to go into an ip camera and asked me for user and password but how do I know what password it is?
how do you set the admin password?
trying to set it asks me for the old password.
thanks

This is not something we have ever experienced, we have set up many demo Hikvision NVRs and every time we are prompted during the setup wizard to enter an admin password. Hikvision, only a few years ago, made it a requirement to set a unique admin password during the initial activation of any camera/NVR.

Your only option is to use the SADP Tool on a PC and do a password reset - How to Reset the Password of your Hikvision Camera/NVR in 5 steps using the SADP Tool - but be aware that you have to send your reset file to the company you bought the NVR from, if you didn't buy the NVR from use-IP and you send the reset file to us we will not perform the password reset.

This is not something we have ever experienced, we have set up many demo Hikvision NVRs and every time we are prompted during the setup wizard to enter an admin password. Hikvision, only a few years ago, made it a requirement to set a unique admin password during the initial activation of any camera/NVR.

Your only option is to use the SADP Tool on a PC and do a password reset - How to Reset the Password of your Hikvision Camera/NVR in 5 steps using the SADP Tool - but be aware that you have to send your reset file to the company you bought the NVR from, if you didn't buy the NVR from use-IP and you send the reset file to us we will not perform the password reset.
Hi, I found the password. I'll explain, this was my home NVR that I then installed to a client, before installing it to the client I had reset the NVR to factory settings then when I installed it it didn't ask me for the Admin password or maybe I was wrong I

Back