01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR integration with other IP devices

EdwinHL

Good day, I´m wondering if connecting a fingerprint reader via ethernet cable (TCP/IP communication) to an NVR, and then the NVR to a switch, would allow me to acces the fingerprint reader through that switch. Has anyone tried it yet?

Laptop --> switch --> NVR --> Fingerprint reader (TCP/IP)

Thanks for the answer :)

I doubt it would work well.
It would be better to connect the fingerprint reader directly to the switch so that it has an accessible LAN IP address.
If you were to connect it to an NVR's camera port, it would be on that NVR's sub-domain (not easily accessed and configured).

I doubt it would work well.
It would be better to connect the fingerprint reader directly to the switch so that it has an accessible LAN IP address.
If you were to connect it to an NVR's camera port, it would be on that NVR's sub-domain (not easily accessed and configured).

So, it´s possible but very difficult to do? ´cause I haven´t found any information about anyone who pulled it off, or even tried, on the web.

It’ll largely depend on the connectivity needed. If the fingerprint reader made an outbound TCP connection it might work. If you need to initiate a TCP to the fingerprint reader from the LAN then it gets interesting.

Create a static route to get you to the network subnet of the NVR (what Phil calls a domain) via the NVR’s normal LAN IP and try it.

Back