01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR offline & wrong user name and password

davidd

Hello, I am hopeless with my NVR DS-7616NI-K2/16P and I hope someone here can advise me

In SADP tool I can set up the NVR IP address and change password, what I successfully did several times, however, when I want to login with admin and password using Microsoft Explorer and Mozilla, it says wrong user name and password.

When I try to use ivms-4200 3.2.0.10, or also older version, NVR is visible in Online devices, but when I add it into devices, it shows Offline message. Sometimes it also shows HCNetSDK.DLL[55] error. If I ping the address, it responds well.

Can someone direct me what should I do to resolve?

In SADP tool I can set up the NVR IP address and change password, what I successfully did several times, however, when I want to login with admin and password using Microsoft Explorer and Mozilla, it says wrong user name and password.

This is odd.
Are you sure you are using Internet Explorer? (the blue 'e' icon with the gold flash over it).
Make sure that you are typing admin with a lower-case 'a'.
Can you type the password into a tool where you can see what you have typed and then copy & paste it into the login password field.

Hi Phil,
Yes, it is very weird....
I am sure, I am using MS Explorer 11.
Also sure with lower case a.
I did copy&paste as you advised, however, wrong name and password again...
Is there any possibility there should be another name than admin? Shouln't I somehow do a hard reset of the NVR?

admin is the default user name.
It would only be anything different to that if you / your installer has set a different user name.

What you use with the SADP utility should also work when you try to login with Internet Explorer.

I tried SADP + IE on another computer with a fresh installation of Windows 7, unfortunately, the same result - change password suceeded + wrong user name or password :-(. The user name was not changed, so should be admin. Very weird...

+ I have a Hikvision door bell with a camera too, where I can log in without problems...

Clutching at straws / things I have seen cause the inexplicable before:
Home-made network cables - can you test with only shop-bought/factory made network patch leads in use?
Wireless network connections e.g. using a wireless laptop - try with a PC/laptop with a wired network connection.
Are both your PCs Windows 7? It can be harder to set W7 permissions for security/safety/access. Have you tried a Windows 10 machine.
An odd outlier I have also seen - wrong language/wrong international keyboard settings causing the wrong characters in the password (copy & paste should negate that).

Still not getting there :-(

When trying to log in in IVMS, I am getting an error "Wrong IP address" (even I see the same IP address in SADP) and sometimes it also shows HCNetSDK.DLL[55] error, but I did not find, what it does mean. I am also not sure how it is possible, that I see it in SADP, in MS Explorer, also in IVMS bottom (online devices), but after adding the device (so up), it shows offline...

Also, cannot be something wrong with router (asus dsl-ac68u)?

Can you upload a screenshot of the table from SADP please?

1580278453803.png

1580278474556.png

1580278484517.png

1580278559424.png

It is very strange that with DHCP enabled your NVR has been assigned such a high IP address in the network range (192.168.1.209), this would usually only happen if your network was incredibly busy and these high addresses were the only ones available. We would recommend that you disable DHCP and manually enter a much lower address (below 192.168.1.100) and try logging in at that new address.

We would recommend that you use the Window's Command Prompt tool to scan specific IP addresses and check whether they are free to use or not.

If you still have issues with the password when changing the IP address in SADP or when trying to login after you've changed the IP address then we may need to look at hard resetting the NVR. Unfortunately, the large Hikvision NVRs there is no physical reset button so if you can't log in using a browser the only way to hard reset is to connect a monitor to the NVR, go to the maintenance menu and default the NVR from there.

We can help you to sort out your camera AFTER you have resolved the NVR issue.
We can see from your screenshots that your camera has previously been direct-connected to an NVR and is now on your LAN with an incorrect IP address.

Guys, the first problem has been resolved - many thanks for your help, the directions and your time!!!

At the end of the day I had to do the full Factory reset of the NVR, so I don't know exactly, what was wrong. But very happy that it works!

I am trying to connect door camera DS-KV8213-WME1 with two wifi indoor devices to the NVR, what I did and I see the stream from it in Main View, however, I cannot arrange stream event recording - I am getting "Playback failed. No record found." error. Actually, here I got my troubles with the offline devices I started my post with. The camera is plugged into the NVR.

1580332517059.png

Any idea what I do wrong?

Good to hear you have the initial problem fixed.

Have you checked if playback is available when you log in with a browser? (just so we can verify if it is an iVMS issue or NVR settings issue)

Whilst logged into the NVR with a browser can you go to configuration and check the Event settings, arming schedule, and record schedule are all enabled and filled out correctly. (please post screenshots of these pages so we can make sure you haven't missed anything)

hi, sorry for silence :-)

I tried to record via the browser and received message that the recording is stored on laptop's disc, not the NVR one (actually it is not available there for some reason, but this is not the issue - it should be stored on NVR anyway)
1581020158607.png

I am not sure what set up is the correct one for this - how to say to the door camera to save recordings on the NVR disc

current set up:

1581020361244.png

1581020370357.png

1581020380565.png

1581020389921.png

Back