01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR POE Ports

Kraquin

Hello
I am getting ready to purchase a Hik DS-7608ni-i2. The cameras that I'm going to connect to it are the DS2C6D54RWD-IZHS and DS-2DE7530IW-AE, both require POE and they both came with midspans. I have other cameras that I may add to it later.

The only version of that NVR available to me comes with POE ports that can be individually controlled regarding power (on or off). I looked at the spec sheet but it's unclear to me whether or not that NVR would supply enough power to the two cameras on its own. I didn't see anything stating the max power per port. If not would I just stick the midspans in line or shut off the internal power to the ports and use the midspans??

thanks

Hi @Kraquin

The Hikvision NVRs use standard PoE on all their PoE ports and so the maximum power output of each port is 15.4W, if both of the above cameras require higher power then you will need to use a PoE+/Hi-PoE Injector or midspan. If you are going to connect the cameras directly to the NVR then yes you simply connect the midspan between the camera and the NVR to boost the PoE supply. You don't have to turn off the PoE of the specific ports on the NVR that the cameras are connected to as the midspan will just receive the 15.4W PoE from the NVR and then just boost it to 30W, 60W, or whatever the cameras need.

Back