01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR POE SWITCH CONNECT

nimal

how can I connect the hikvision NVR AND POE SWITCH?
I need to connect like NVR to POE SWITCH or POE SWITCH to ROUTER PLEASE
if i connect poe swith to router when router not working if power or internet down then all camera not working?

Hi nimal,

You cannot connect a POE switch directly to an NVR. A POE switch expands your routers network and needs to be connected directly to the network to do so. So just connect the POE switch directly to the router and then your NVR either directly to the router, or to the POE switch once it's connected to the router.

What do you have your cameras connected to? Both NVRs and POE switches have their own power supply, so will both will continue to power the cameras provided the cameras are connected to one of them.

Hi nimal,

You cannot connect a POE switch directly to an NVR. A POE switch expands your routers network and needs to be connected directly to the network to do so. So just connect the POE switch directly to the router and then your NVR either directly to the router, or to the POE switch once it's connected to the router.

What do you have your cameras connected to? Both NVRs and POE switches have their own power supply, so will both will continue to power the cameras provided the cameras are connected to one of them.
THANK YOU SO MUCH

If the router power off or internet down then what happened to the cameras?

You're welcome :) I'm assuming it all worked ok then? If your cameras are connected directly to the NVR via network cables then the router going down shouldn't cause any issue, they'll still record and save footage to the NVR's hard drive.

It the cameras are connected to the PoE switch then they'll still remain powered on should the router go down as the PoE switch provides power. However, they will stop recording and saving footage to the NVR as the network connection that they rely on to do so will be severed. If you are concerned with losing footage then you could always use micro SD cards for each of the cameras to act as a backup while the router is down.

Back