01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR upgrade loses intrusion detection option?

TrevH

I have a DS-7604I1 series NVR which is 10 months old, and I upgraded the firmware. The reason I upgraded the firmware was that of my four cameras, only two would allow me to replay videos from intrusion detection alarms. The message said that it cannot play video in specified time, which was only about two seconds. They play motion detection videos just fine, and the other two cameras play intrusion detection videos as they should. After the upgrade,I went to enable the intrusion detection on the first two cameras, but the option to do so for smart events has vanished from the options. I wish I could reverse the upgrade but don't know how to do so, or if that would help. Any thoughts please?

Are you still seeing problems?
Can you confirm the full part code for your NVR including any B or C suffix please?
And confirm what version of firmware it is now running?

Also, your camera models and current firmware versions please?

but the option to do so for smart events has vanished from the options
Is 'Smart Events' visible in the menu at all? If you're now on the newer version 4 firmware and weren't previously, there may be an option beneath the side menu that toggles between 'Easy Mode' and 'Advanced'. You may need to be on 'Advanced' to see Smart Events but as @Phil mentioned, please post all models and firmware versions.

Update received by email from the OP @TrevH:

Thanks Phil, Iam getting technician who installed it to have a look. He had been away so I posted on this forum but now I can get him in. It's still under warranty.

I appreciate your response, Thanks...

Smart Events [Line Crossing, Intrustion Detection etc] was relocated to the "Smart Analyses" tab of the NVR main Menu Page [located at top of screen, between Folders & Storage]
Event (Normal Events) such as Motion Detection remain in the Settings Tab Location

Hope this Helps

Gary

Back