01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR without POE

MarkRennie

Hello, I currently run 4x8k HikVision cameras on my QNAP via QVR Pro and it is starting to cripple the NAS box. So I am starting to look at ta dedicated NVR or decent software I can run on a seperate PC.

Any ideas please? I don't need POE in the NVR as I have a 8 port netgear switch already up and running..

Cheers
Mark

Hello, I currently run 4x8k HikVision cameras on my QNAP via QVR Pro and it is starting to cripple the NAS box. So I am starting to look at ta dedicated NVR or decent software I can run on a seperate PC.

Any ideas please? I don't need POE in the NVR as I have a 8 port netgear switch already up and running..

We would recommend a 7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR - Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder - this will give you the space to expand beyond 4 cameras in the future. If you are happy with 4 cameras you have then a 4-channel NVR will work fine - Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

We only sell the PoE models, Hikvision does list non-PoE NVRs on their website but very few people stock these in the UK because there is barely any price difference and the PoE NVRs give you the option to either connect cameras directly or connect them remotely via a switch.

We would recommend a 7608NI-I2/8P 8-channel NVR - Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder - this will give you the space to expand beyond 4 cameras in the future. If you are happy with 4 cameras you have then a 4-channel NVR will work fine - Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1-4P(B) | 4 Channel Network Video Recorder

We only sell the PoE models, Hikvision does list non-PoE NVRs on their website but very few people stock these in the UK because there is barely any price difference and the PoE NVRs give you the option to either connect cameras directly or connect them remotely via a switch.

Thanks for the speedy reply Dan. Does it have a windows client like QVR Pro, where you can check back on footage etc?

Also, if I did go for the 4 channel version, can you add a 5th using my other POE switch or is it 100% limited via the software?

Last edited:
Thanks for the speedy reply Dan. Does it have a windows client like QVR Pro, where you can check back on footage etc?

Also, if I did go for the 4 channel version, can you add a 5th using my other POE switch or is it 100% limited via the software?

Hikvision does have a VMS Client software called iVMS-4200

This can be useful if you have multiple Hikvision NVRs/cameras on your local network, but if all your cameras are directly connected to the NVRs PoE ports then logging in with a browser using the NVRs IP address is easiest and there isn't much advantage to using iVMS-4200.

NVRs are limited to a set number of channels - usually 4/8/16/32/etc... - so whether remote or directly connect you will only be able to add 4 cameras to a 7604 or 8 cameras to a 7608.

Back