01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR won't send emails with Hotmail?

timearnshaw

Hi there, looking for some help please. I have a DS-2DE4425IW-DE which I originally had set up recording to a QNAP NAS, and ive just purchased a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P NVR.

Had camera all set up and sending me emails using my hotmail account - which i had to set up using an app password rather than my actual email password and it worked fine.

I've now connected the camera to the NVR as an IP camera not directly into a PoE socket and got it up and running and recording to the NVR. But I cant get the email send on event to work despite having configured the email on the network->advanced settings page using an app password i set up in my MS account as I had done previously.

The other thing I could use some help with is what do I configure on the NVR and what do I configure on the camera config page directly? I'm unclear since the camera was working with a NAS previously, so all config was in-camera - and all that config is still there, even now it is linked to the NVR. And I have configured events for line crossing and intrusion detection in the NVR for the camera now, so not sure which of the two lots of settings are actually being used so to speak. Should i factory reset the camera and re-configure via the NVR maybe?

Thanks for any advice.

This being Hotmail (or Outlook.com as it is now known), do test emails go through?

Also, worth trying setting up a GMail account (remembering to turn on "Allow less secure apps" in the settings if you get some message about them being blocked and no emails being sent).

Back