01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Pixellation via the Hikivision Hik-Connect app

Jakk

Hi.
As a newbie,I have just had hikivision colorvu night vision cameras installed. I find when using the app to survail the cameras on my phone,I'm getting pixilation and colour blot on the video in hd.this doesnt happen on the monitor.my internet connection is excellent,and phone is ok with hd videos etc.in basic it's ok with a little bit of pixilation but very very little.just wondering if its their servers or me??
20200214182948743_85c4fa2ca7de42c8861b8579c759321b_D87198534.jpeg

It is something we have seen before.
I would think it is due to connection / resolution / bandwidth.

What camera model do you have please?
Which firmware version are you running?

IOS or Android?
Mobile device model?

Is it the same when you connect with wi-fi and data?

Hi,thanks for the reply.
Camera model is DS-2ce72hft-f ...cant see what firmware they are?
V.21.002 build190925 is the DVR
Android galaxy j4+
Same on wifi as ethernet

Is your internet connection speed OK?
Particularly your uplink speed?

I guess this pixelization disappears and then appears randomly, right? Its' not static.
I have the same problem and it sometimes triggers false intrusion detection :(

Thanks Phil!

I have been through all the firmware updates for the last 2 years and I'm on latest one. I get that pixelization on 2 out of 4 cameras (both outdoors) and they are all on the same (latest) firmware. Two other cameras (indoor) work well. Outdoors cameras are well protected (installed under overhanging ceiling) so there is no chance water could penetrate it. Only temperatures are more extreme compared with indoor cameras.

To me it more looks like the camera does not have enough resources to process the image and looses some data. Or maybe as you said - not enough bandwidth. But latter one is a bit unlikely as they all run on 1Gb cable. Or maybe not enough power.

The last thing I will try when it gets warmer is to re-do lan cabling (very sceptical this is the issue because I tested the cable from switch diagnostic tools and all 8 wires were tested correctly but I'm out of options)

I know of some other users reported the same issue. What helps is to change video settings (reduce i-frame). In the past (about 2 years ago) H264 seemed to be more stable than H265 or H265+ but after several firmware updates I'm not sure if that is still the case.

I just simply got used to live with that feature...

Hi,
Looked at the network graph on system for sending and receiving.it fluctuates quite a lot sending around 3500 dropping to half that sometimes when online,and receiving around 60 dropping to zero sometimes is that nirmal

I guess this pixelization disappears and then appears randomly, right? Its' not static.
I have the same problem and it sometimes triggers false intrusion detection :(
It's there all the time in hd mode

Back