01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

poe colorvu camera and nvr

quasar

Need some help/recommendation please.
I guess I can't be the only one confused by Hikvision naming their range and number of similar products.

An ideal system

Cameras:
ColourVu
PoE
Turret, preferred grey
Microphone
5-6MP
motorised zoom

NVR:
PoE
4 or 8 channel
EasyIP 4.0

Hi @quasar

Unfortunately, there are no models of camera that meet all of your requirements.

If your priority for these is having the ColorVu technology, then the turrets are only available in a maximum resolution of 4MP. The newest ColorVu turrets (which have AcuSense technology as well) are only available in white or black, this is the black version that we recommend:
Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU/B 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera Black

The 1st generation ColorVu turrets are available in grey, but do not offer the AcuSense features:
Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU/G 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera Grey

Hikvision has also released 8MP 2nd generation ColorVu Mini Bullets recently, which would be your closest alternative if you would like a higher resolution:
Hikvision DS-2CD2087G2-LU 8MP ColorVu Mini Bullet Network Camera

On the motorised zoom requirement, I'm afraid this isn't available yet on any ColorVu model. My best recommendation for a turret with this feature would be the following AcuSense model, which uses invisible IR LEDs to create a monochrome image in low-light (this model is only available in white). This camera does also have Powered by Darkfighter technology, which is similar to ColorVu, but instead software-based, so not quite as effective at giving you a colour image at night:
Hikvision DS-2CD2H86G2-IZS 8MP AcuSense Varifocal Turret Network Camera

It is more common and cost-effective to use fixed focal lengths in each position instead, tailoring this focal length so the field of view matches the scene you want to view on each camera. These guides help with this:

This camera calculator is also great for this, as you can find your property in Google Maps and situate your chosen cameras/focal lengths around it to see the coverage they offer:

You'll be pleased to hear that the NVR selection is more straightforward…
We always recommend an I-Series NVR now, and these models are the only ones we find work well with the EasyIP 4.0 cameras. This 8 channel model is the smallest NVR in this range, and probably the most popular used in new setups:
Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder

I hope that helps :)

No problem!

I'm not sure if you have already, but you need to register an account for the webshop (which is separate from your forum account) to check prices:

It is more of a deep black, the RAL code used for these cameras is RAL7022 - Graphite Black:

Hi quasar, not sure if you’ve already made your decision on camera but for what it’s worth I can highly recommend the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL. It’s a fixed 4K anthracite turret with microphone and speaker. I have these, along with others, around my property and picture quality is excellent. They have an alarm alert that can be set up, which I don’t use, their own spot light again that I don’t use and night vision. Night vision is so good the IR creates shadows on furniture in my back garden. This is a great forum for help and advice.

Thanks a lot @Andy McNab
It's been a while but I am going to finally get to the 2nd fix and purchase the equipment.
All cables are in place.

PS. Anyone can recommend any decent internal (ceiling mounted) camera?Smaller the better

Hi Quasar, no problem.
There is a BUT coming. You need to be aware that Hikvision have/are apparently dropping the DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL cameras I mentioned. This is only very recently and the info is available in another thread on here. I think admin are trying to clarify exactly what support will continue for them but the other thread talks about the global chip shortage being a possibility. Despite them being relatively new, hikvision are releasing ‘newer’ versions so they’re firmware updates will stop at some point if not already. Don’t get me wrong they’re great cameras, and everything tech wise gets replaced so quickly these days but I thought you needed to know. You may be able to get a better deal on them?
Below is a PIR camera from hikvision. I don’t have one but was looking at these as a possible internal option as they should be less obtrusive. Someone else may have something similar they can recommend?

Attachments

• 5001667E-6DCA-4759-8C38-5A0985306045.jpeg
    5001667E-6DCA-4759-8C38-5A0985306045.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 171
Hi there
It's been a while and the refurb has been delayed so no CCTV has been installed yet.
Is there any new cameras available that match my requirements?
I have noticed there's a new range called HiLook available.

Hi @quasar

The G2 camera models that @Kyle recommended to you previously are still the recommended models.

HiLook has been around for several years now and is primarily a cheap, consumer range that is very similar to Swan, Ring, etc...

If you are planning a multi-camera system with an NVR and want it to last for a good amount of time, we would stick with the professional Hikvision products recommended in the earlier posts.

One more question.
Would they work (if only for a test purpose) without an NVR and just an SD card for storage/

Yes, all the models recommended above will support recording to a MicroSD card and do not have to be connected to an NVR.

Back