01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Pro control + app not showing live images

Matt123321

Hi I am using the pro control + app to watch my cctv through my phone but it is running 8 minutes behind and not showing live images. How can I get live images to my phone?

It is not a Hikvision model we are aware of, the product code actually looks more like a HiLook/HiWatch NVR but I can't find a trace online of a product from any of those brands with that model number.

If it is a HiLook/HiWatch NVR then our advice would be to stop using the pro control app and use either the HiLookVision or Hik-Connect apps as these are designed purely for monitoring CCTV systems, whilst the Pro Control app is designed mainly for control IP alarm systems that may include some IP cameras.

I have tried the hilook app and this is the same 8 minutes behind for some reason? Any other ideas?

Is the delay the same when you view through the app on your local network as it is when you are on public WiFi/4G or another remote network?

What models of camera do you have connected to that NVR?

When on my local network same as the nvr the pictures are live
When using 4g or using a differnt wifi the pictures are 8 minutes behind

ok, and what model cameras do you have? Do you know resolution/megapixel of the cameras you have?

ok, those are 5MP cameras on an NVR that supports up to 8MP so it is unlikely to be a bandwidth issue with the NVR, although saying that the limited specs I found online do not tell me what the incoming/outgoing bandwidth capacity is and I wouldn't be surprised if it is very low for this consumer range product. Potentially you could try lowering the resolution, reducing the fps, and the video quality to limit the outgoing bandwidth and see if that improves the remote connection.

Other than that my only other recommendation would be to check for latest firmware or poor/slow internet at the remote location where you try to access the NVR.

As I have already said we don't work with Pyronix equipment so you will have to contact them directly for the latest NVR and camera firmware.

Back