01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Pro Control Plus app' - no notifications?

Cromer1

we are having a new alarm and cctv installation on my offices. So far they have installed the HILOOK NVR and HILOOK VISION CAMERAS and will be completing the alarm later this week.
They have advised us to use the PRO CONTROL + app for both alarm and cctv.

The app has been set up for several users and myself who are all using iPhones. The cctv is locked to the app yet we are not receiving any notifications for events onto cctv despite the app showing notifications ''enabled'' - all iPhones are showing app notification enabled and the NVR is set up for notifications. The app is registered by mobile number and we can see live view and playback recordings yet get no notifications of movements etc.

any suggestions ?

we are having a new alarm and cctv installation on my offices. So far they have installed the HILOOK NVR and HILOOK VISION CAMERAS and will be completing the alarm later this week.
They have advised us to use the PRO CONTROL + app for both alarm and cctv.

The app has been set up for several users and myself who are all using iPhones. The cctv is locked to the app yet we are not receiving any notifications for events onto cctv despite the app showing notifications ''enabled'' - all iPhones are showing app notification enabled and the nor set up for notifications. The app is registered by mobile number and we can see live view and playback recordings yet get no notifications of movements etc.

any suggestions ?
Worth checking for the events / alerts you have setup, under linkage method 'notify surveillance setting' is enabled.

I can't be certain as I stopped using it some time ago but I wouldn't expect it to work well. ProControl+ came about when Hikvision acquired Pyronix and the idea was that the app could be used for both systems. Some time after due to restrictions Hikvision were forced to disallow shared accounts that could access both Hikvision and Pyronix systems. Just use HiLook Vision for the CCTV and HomeControl2.0 for the alarm system (assuming it's a Euro or Enforcer panel)

One other point ref Pro control +. I have a pyronix alarm which was setup to pro control +.

I added CCTV using the same login (then realisng the backend database for hik vision and pyronix is the same) and I installed the HIK connect app.

Pro control GUI is very similar, I get alerts from pro control for my CCTV and live view etc works. My concern is the Pro control app doesnt seem to be maintained very well - on Android it was last updated May 2023 so any new features, security updates etc may not be available with pro control.

I can't be certain as I stopped using it some time ago but I wouldn't expect it to work well. ProControl+ came about when Hikvision acquired Pyronix and the idea was that the app could be used for both systems. Some time after due to restrictions Hikvision were forced to disallow shared accounts that could access both Hikvision and Pyronix systems. Just use HiLook Vision for the CCTV and HomeControl2.0 for the alarm system (assuming it's a Euro or Enforcer panel)
Hi - as per above I am in a similar position - I've been running Hik connect alongside Procontrol and been looking at either consolidating or moving to a different tool for the alarm (as app is not maintained). The issue I have at the moment is having two apps that share the same back end database I get two app alerts for each event! one from hik connect and one from pro control. I've not seen how I can turn off specific systems in the app for notifications but not tried the apps you mention - do these allow you to turn off notifications for CCTV / Alarm independently?

Worth checking for the events / alerts you have setup, under linkage method 'notify surveillance setting' is enabled.
checked the box for surveillance centre and now receiving notifications !!!! great news !!!! thanks for the info...We will see how the alarm integration fairs and then decide if we keep everything on the pro control app or use the separate apps .....thanks again everyone for the info and advice :)

Hi - as per above I am in a similar position - I've been running Hik connect alongside Procontrol and been looking at either consolidating or moving to a different tool for the alarm (as app is not maintained). The issue I have at the moment is having two apps that share the same back end database I get two app alerts for each event! one from hik connect and one from pro control. I've not seen how I can turn off specific systems in the app for notifications but not tried the apps you mention - do these allow you to turn off notifications for CCTV / Alarm independently?
HomeControl2.0 is solely for the Pyronix alarms so it's completely independent, it's all I use for them. If you used HomeControl2.0 you would just delete ProControl and use solely Hik-Connect for CCTV. Depending who administers your Pyronix Cloud cloud account (I have an installer account and my customers subscribe via me), you can just add your alarm to the app using it's system ID (found in the manager menu of the panel), then specify the app password (also in the manager menu of the panel) and a valid user pin in the connection page (as long as you use the save password and save pin switches on that page it'll use your phone biometrics to login each time). I did a little YouTube video of the setup which saves me a load of chew as customers are constantly upgrading phones. It's a pretty dull 4m 30s of my awful Teesside accent but here you go:

3000 messages - I need to get a life!

Last edited:
HomeControl2.0 is solely for the Pyronix alarms so it's completely independent, it's all I use for them. If you used HomeControl2.0 you would just delete ProControl and use solely Hik-Connect for CCTV. Depending who administers your Pyronix Cloud cloud account (I have an installer account and my customers subscribe via me), you can just add your alarm to the app using it's system ID (found in the manager menu of the panel), then specify the app password (also in the manager menu of the panel) and a valid user pin in the connection page (as long as you use the save password and save pin switches on that page it'll use your phone biometrics to login each time). I did a little YouTube video of the setup which saves me a load of chew as customers are constantly upgrading phones. It's a pretty dull 4m 30s of my awful Teesside accent but here you go:

3000 messages - I need to get a life!
Thanks for taking the time to collate this - I'll definitely have a look. 3000 messages! probably a fair few to me :)

could I ask - what does the pyronix cloud provide ?
do I need this to enable network / remote access to my alarm ?

could I ask - what does the pyronix cloud provide ?
do I need this to enable network / remote access to my alarm ?
Yes you need it for remote connection and notifications. It enables remote access using the app so that you can arm/disarm the system remotely and it provides notifications of arming, disarming, faults, activations. Events can be selected/deselected for each user if for instance a user only wants to receive activation alerts and not arming events (that is amended in the online account and not the app). The service can be set up by the installer (added to their installer account) or the end user can do it by registering a customer account and adding the panel to it. All new Pyronix alarms get 12 months complimentary access to the service. Once it's expired there's an annual charge (currently £40 per annum for end user).

If you're having your alarm installed for you, I'd recommend you speak to them before creating your own account as it may be that they will bundle the ongoing subscription with maintenance saving you money (that will be down to the individual installation company)

Last edited:
Back