01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Problem after firmware update

Sonic007

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I upgraded the firmware on my NVR (DS-7604NI) and also the firmware on the cameras. No problems there. Firmware installed and I can log in to the web interfaces for each device.

I also re-installed Hik-Connect on my phone as have just changed phone.

Having installed the Hik-Connect app, I added the NVR by typing in the serial number. This worked.

Everything seemed to work however notifications were slow to come through, maybe a few minutes after the event.
Notifications also showed "Camera 2" instead of the name eg. "Front Door".
I changed the DNS settings on the NVR from the routers DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it seemed to speed things up. Notifications were now coming through instantly.

I rebooted the NVR and now it is showing as offline in Hik-Connect.

Any ideas?

Thankyou.

Hi @Sonic007

Which firmware did you update to and what's the full model number of your NVR?

Is the gateway address set on the NVR still correct? It should normally be your router's IP address.

If you go to the platform access page (Configuration > Network > Advanced Configuration > Platform Access), is Hik-Connect still enabled and showing as online?

What's the server address set as on this same page, please?

Thanks for your reply Kyle.

My NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1 4P (B)

The firmware I upgraded to was V4.30.085 build 210409.

The Default gateway is indeed the routers IP address.

Just looked at the platform access and it is as follows:
Platform access mode: Hik-Connect
‘Enabled’ is ticked.
Server address: litedev.eu.hik-connect.com

The register status is currently OFFLINE

If I remove 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from DNS and set it to Auto DNS it puts in my router dns but status is still offline.
If I then add 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 again then the register status goes to ONLINE.

It is therfore working now but I fear it may stop again if I reboot the NVR.

If the NVR is coming up and I can access my cameras is it properly in Hik-Connect as this time round I just added it via the NVRs serial number. I already was logged into the HikConnect app.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Just rebooted the NVR and it’s disappeared from Hik Connect again.
Register status on NVR platform access page is Offline again.

Tried router dns as first option and 8.8.8.8 as second option and again it worked but once I reboot it stops working.
NVR shows up greyed out in HikConnect.

So as long as I don’t reboot it is working. Hmmm. I’m stumped.

Last edited:
That is very strange, it's not an issue that I've seen before.

Any more luck with 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as the DNS?

The other thing worth trying is unbinding the NVR from your Hik-Connect account, which is explained here:

Then, reboot the NVR, and add it again by scanning its QR code into the app (found on the platform access page or on the label on the unit).

Thankyou for your help with this.

I’ve tried several things tonight and still got the problem. When I reboot the NVR my NVR then shows up grey in Hik Connect anc once you login via web browser the status has gone back to Register status: Offline.

I then have to change the dns, save it, and then re-add 8.8.8.8 and save for it to go online and be working in Hik Connect.

I’ve tried reinstalling Hik Connect, logged into Hik Connect website and removed and re-added the NVR.

I am adding it using the serial number.
It found it fine.

The NVR is on its own seperate subnet so I tried adding it to my home network and still it does the same thing, not available in the app and showing offline under platform access settings.

The only way to get it working is changing the dns, saving it, and then putting the correct dns in again.

It’s very odd.

It is working!

I think in the end it was an issue with DNS and it getting confused somewhere along the way as I have DNS set on the router which then connects to a Sky router on a different DNS, and then ofcourse there is Googles DNS on the NVR too.

So it was definately an issue on my network side. Thankyou for your help. Im glad it is now resolved.

Back