01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem on playback with skipping frames and blurring on bottom quarter of screen?

Schof

installalled 2 x colorvu 4K cams DS-2CD2387G2-LU (with cat6) on Hikvision NVR DS-7716NI-I4 / 16P(B) problem is on playback with skipping frames and blurring on bottom quarter of screen, running latest camera firmware 5.7.12 and live view perfect?? new at this can anyone please help.

okay,

Can you share any clips of the skipping/blurring you are describing?

Where are you accessing playback from? Browser access, Hik-Connect, iVMS-4200, or direct monitor?

Have you tried accessing playback using more than one of the above ways? Is the issue present whichever way you access playback?

How many cameras do you have in total? Which models do you have?

Upvote 0
Model Numbers Access from 4K TV, will be 9 Cameras if and when this prob is solved. Wanting to put another DS-2CD2387G2-LU on system .
No problems with existing cameras. Thanks in advance for any help
Bitrate.JPG

Model Numbers.JPG

Upvote 0
Thanks @Schof

So you are seeing this issue in playback on the direct monitor, have you checked playback in a browser, Hik-Connect, or iVMS-4200 for the same issue?

Is there a particular reason you have Constant bit rate set? Have you tried switching to Variable bitrate and checking footage recorded after that change?

Upvote 0
Attached pic was taken when on variable, the last pic was the setup after I changed it this morning, (07:00), whist on test (with constant bitrate) this morning the fault has not shown. The test was taken with a different view. (no yellow lines)
20230404_113605.jpg

Daft question but I will ask, could road markings i.e YELLOW LINES cause this fault??

Upvote 0
Thanks @Schof

I wouldn't expect the yellow lines to cause any issues.

Just to clarify, are you saying the issue is visible when the cameras are set to variable but once you've changed to constant you don't see it?

This might suggest it is a bitrate/bandwidth issue because when set to variable the bitrate will just go as high as it needs to maintain the resolution/stream settings you have set, whereas constant restricts the bitrate from going beyond a set limit.

Constant bitrate might impact the image quality/resolution because it will automatically adjust the image/stream settings to keep the bitrate under that set limit, if you are noticing a drop in quality we would recommend switching back to Variable and try reducing the frame rate to 20fps, enabling H.265+, and lowering the video quality to Higher or Medium.

A combination of these setting adjustments should reduce the max bitrate used by the camera when set variable and hopefully remove the playback glitch.

Upvote 0
Hello dan
Have now put back a DS-2347g2-LU with CONSTANT birate set to 8192 and 265 encoding with NO PROBLEMS over the last 24 hours.

It now seemto me (a numb-nut) my 7716NI-I4 16P(B) does not like these 4K cameras??? Thanks for your time and patcience.

Upvote 0
Unless your camera is looking at a static scene with little to no movement you should use variable bit rate. Those 4K cameras are fine with that model NVR.

Upvote 0
O.K. Dan,Thamks
Now at a "DEAD END" have tried all your suggestions and hours of "the midnight oil on the net without a satisfactory resolution, have also taken the two cams in question to point of purchase who put the cams on one of their NVRs same model but 32 channel with no fault showing, now past the 14 day return policy.
At this point I must surrender.
Thanks once again for your time and patience. Do not expexct you to waste any more.
Regards
Schof

Upvote 0
Perhaps test the performance with short shop-bought / factory-made network patch cables.

Upvote 0
All new cat6 cables wer made up, installed,and tested by my son CCTV installation fitter for 6 years

Thanks

Upvote 0
Back