01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Problem saving Hik Connect videos to my Smart phone?

Beckie89

Please can someone help me. I want to record part of what one of my Hik Connect cameras has recorded. I have recorded this and I can play it back on the App but video will not save on my phone and wont play back which means I cannot share. This message appears "Failed to play video" "An unknown error has occurred".
I normally don't have a problem saving them but all of a sudden its stopped. I have reset my phone and the app and still no luck. Any ideas please?

Hi,
You have done this same thing that you wish to do successfully before?
Same App? (Hik-Connect?)
Same phone? (IOS or Android?)
Same CCTV camera?

You can view and play in your App OK, but want to save to some other program to view and share?
What App are you using to try and play and share the saved video?
Same App you have used before?
No problems / error messages as you save the video file?
Only when you try to play it?
Are you offered any file type choices when you save it?

Hi Phil.

Yes I have recorded bits off the cameras before and had no problem with them saving to my phone and sharing them on social media etc. App, camera and phone is the same.

I can play the videos fine on the app put they just don't save in my media. I will attach a screenshot to show you.

It doesn't give me any options to save it in a certain file type. Hope this helps

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180320-154829.png
    Screenshot_20180320-154829.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 1,052
Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I am having the same problem. Can play back the footage fine on my Samsung Phone. Press record and it looks like it is recording. Creates a file entry in the gallery, but says file not found when I try and play it back.

Old post I know but im having this issue it seems. I can playback via Hikconnect, watch movement notifications and take snapshots no issues with the app. But when recording playback videos or events it comes up with a white screen in the corner as if it did record, but it did nothing. Direct on the recorder it works perfect. I have the latest firmwares on my cameras and NVRs.

Im using a Samsung phone with the latest version of Hikconnect which has come out over the last few days or so.

Has anyone else come across this and solved the issue?

Back