01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem sending/receiving alarm emails?

im2020

I'm a newbie setting up a NVR : DS-7608NXI-I2 / 8P/S with a DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS 2MP ANPR camera. I've configured my email details in the NVR settings and I've imported the test blocklist/allowlist shown in the attachment. I've entered the settings for Event and Linkage as shown in the attachments.

However I receive no emails for any entries or exits of the 4 listed vehicles even though Data Retrieval shows them all being captured with pictures and plate numbers. Any thoughts
on what I might be doing wrong?

im2020

01 Blocklist Allowlist.jpg

02 Blocklist Linkage Method.jpg

03 Allowlist Linkage Method.jpg

Regarding the above I have only just stumbled on a host of other posts about alarm emails not being sent/received. I've worked through them all but none of the suggested solutions has worked. I can confirm that the address I want emails sent to is less than 30 characters, the test email is received successfully and my host is not gmail. The only suggestion I've seen and not yet tried is to reboot my device(s). I'm not sure I'm confident about doing this but can I ask whether it's just the NVR I should reboot or is it the camera as well?

Thanks in advance for any help.

im2020

Upvote 0
Hi @im2020

It looks like you are from your screenshots, but can you please confirm that you are setting up the Vehicle Detection on the NVR as well as the email setup?

Can you share a screenshot of the email settings page, please, with your email address blurred/blocked out?

Does sending a test email work from this page?

What firmware is installed on the camera and NVR?

A simple reboot of the NVR and camera should be safe to do and is worth trying.
For the NVR, just go to System>Maintenance>Upgrade & Maintenance>Reboot.
The easiest way to reboot the camera is to just disconnect and restore the POE / power supply.

Upvote 0
I stumbled upon the solution to my problem. The email settings I had entered were on the System page rather than on the Device page. The attachments show the difference and the Device page is where I've now entered my settings and am now receiving the desired emails.

What are the email settings on the System page for?

System.jpg
Device.jpg

Upvote 0
Well spotted, I didn't consider that!

The iVMS-4200 email settings will be for notifications sent by the software, I've never tested it to say how well it works, to be honest, but I guess the idea is that if you have lots of different devices connected to it separately then it will save some time (rather than entering email settings on each device).

These notifications would only be sent for events set up on iVMS-4200 under "Event Configuration", rather than on the cameras'/NVRs' individual event settings, and are different to the usual smart events.

Upvote 0
Back