01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problem with HikVision DVR

pewe

I have inherited a HikVision DS-7204HQHI-K1DVR with 4 cameras. (It was here when we bought the house recently)

I have found that the Web GUI does not work because the unit has old firmware that requires a plugin for Internet Explorer and won't work with anything else - any solution suggestions would be appreciated.

However, my main problem is with viewing the cameras on the TV using an HDMI connection, where 3 of the channels show up but the fourth simply displays 'NO LINK' on the screen.

In the iVMS software on my PC and on my phone using HIK-Connect all four channels show so the problem obviously only exists with the HDMI output (??)

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be - or even a solution?

Thanks

Hi @pewe

You can use Edge for the web GUI access, and then run it in Internet Explorer mode when connecting to your DVR:

When connected in Edge, try updating the firmware version to this if it isn't already installed on the DVR - V4.25.001_build_201107

You may find that other browsers then work for web access, but some of the older DVRs only work with IE, so I can't say for sure.

For the fourth camera that's showing "no link", how is this connected to the DVR? Is plugged straight into the back of the unit by coax cable, or is it an IP camera that's connected to the local network / a PoE switch?

Can you please share a photo of what you see when you click on the edit button for this camera's channel in the Camera Management menu?

Thanks.

I can now see the system in Edge.

However, when I go to 'System settings in the GUI I see that the firmware is V3, but when I run the 'Update' it reports that there are none and the DVR is using the latest for that device.

When I went to the Camera Management I saw there was an IP camera in there - but I don't have one so I removed it.

Now on the monitor it displays a blank box for the fourth camera (the No Link has disappeared), If I right click in that box on the monitor it displays a + sign and when I click that it opens a dialogue box to add an IP camera. (Where the third camera should be - it is currently not connected - it says 'No Video'.

However, what's puzzling me is why In the Web GUI the two boxes show 'No Video'

Back