01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems after flashing new firmware to NVR

reviad

I decided to flash new firmware to my DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR to see if I could improve browser compatibility. The flash went well and I put in 3.4.3 160822 without issues.

The NVR now boots up and is fully functional, but I'm getting the NO LINK message for each camera. I haven't a clue of where to start to get these cameras working again.

Can anyone help with this?

I called HIKVISION and the support person told me that my serial indicates that my NVR is not made in the US nor marketed for the US market and that she can't help me, which to me is absolutely incomprehensible. She has no way of knowing to which region/country my unit belongs to.

I bought this through Amazon in the US from a company called "Netview Solutions LLC". Their domain is no longer active and their phone number is disconnected. They still have some products left on their Amazon storefront: NetView @ Amazon.com:

If anyone finds this using Google, I discovered that PoE was completely turned off.

Go to Menu -> Cameras Setup - PoE Information and select PoE-af on all ports currently in use. That should fix it.

It should work for you. To check your model, logon to the console and choose Maintenance. Then, in System Info on the left and Device Info on the top, you should see your model.

The link you posted goes to the international site which isnt as up to date as the european site link I posted. You can see that v3.4.90 from the international site is also on the european site, as is v3.4.91 and v3.4.92 which is the latest.

Of course, I have to say that all flashing is done at your own risk. If you do go for it, let us know how you get on. Best of luck.

Back