01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Problems with Hikvision Access Control setup for multiple buildings?

Munu8744

Hello,

I have 2 buildings all connected on the same network.

Each building has 1x DS-KV8113 door unit + 1x DS-KH9310-WTE1(B) indoor unit + 2x DS-KH6320-WTE1-W indoor extension.

1) Door units can ring their respective indoor units. Indoor units ring their extensions. This part works. What's interesting is on device management, network status is showing offline. It is working as it should though. What can be the problem? Something with the firewall? They are on the same subnet.

2) How can I call from 1 building to another via any indoor unit or extension? I couldn't find any solution.

3) Can I make the same button on a DS-KV8113 call, both buildings for a few hours of the day? Is this possible?

are you sure all TCP info is correct? can you show a screen from ivms?
On my 9310 indoor unit, i can go to contacts , and from there i can call the indoor units
in IVMS on the 9310 you should see the extensions with state "registered'

Q3: i dont know

Hello

I have everything working when i added the second outdoor station as a sub door.

My new question is, how do i call an extension of another indoor station

For example indoor station A has an extension. Let’s call it A1

Another indoor station, let’s call B also has an extension. Let’s call it B1.

Is it possible yo call from A1 to B1? It feels like extensions are completely hidden from outside world. But for some reason, ivms can call them directly?

I can only call from A to B, right now.

Also is there a way to redirect a door station call to another indoor station if there is no answer after 30 seconds pass.

Hmm, dont think you can call from extenstion to extension, since an extension is just an registartion on the primary indoor itself, its registered there as a contact... i think if you want more flexibility, setup an SIP server, so you can define each indoor station as a number

Then you can call each number seperately or work with groups

What is the most lightweight SIP solution?

Is there any drawbacks to this? Will i lose any functionality?

Asterisk is light, yes, you will loose early video, video before pickup on indoor station , it will only show video after pickup... But you will gain a lot more features, setting up sip softphone clients

I see.

Is there a way to redirect the call from one indoor station to another after a period if noone answers?

Alright. Thank you.

I enabled shortcut to call management center. Main indoor stations call ivms computer. I didnt even have to enter any ip address.

When i enable the same on extensions, they can not call. Is this also a limitation?

No idea, never used call management , I don't see the point of that feature anyway

There is a security office where they monitor cameras.

The door stations call indoor station directly.

It is just for convenience to call security office via the indoor station instead of regular phone number.

Ah ok, yeah, you can also use asterisk for that, and then call sip clients on desktop

I have another question. I wonder this can be only solved with asterisk again.

When i unlock the door from indoor station button, the call hangs up automatically. Is it possible to disable this? So it only hangs up after 30 seconds?

Yes, in asterisk the call continues when sending the dmtf signal, it can be configured offcourse

This such a simple feature i wonder why it isnt available in default hikvision setup

Back