01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

ProConnect+ Login Errors

sportaholic

Anyone else suddenly having issues with ProConnect+?

It’s logged me out of all my devices, and when I attempt to login or change password it doesn’t recognise the account.

I’ve only been using it 3 weeks, so unsure if this is a regular issue. Been find until now.

Anyone else suddenly having issues with ProConnect+?

It’s logged me out of all my devices, and when I attempt to login or change password it doesn’t recognise the account.

I’ve only been using it 3 weeks, so unsure if this is a regular issue. Been find until now.

ProConnect was only free to trial after which it was to become a paid service for installers. I'm not sure when the trial was to end.

I am a paying customer. I am able to login into Hik Connect, but this app doesn’t give me the alarm notifications.

I’m hoping it’s a temporary issue with proconnect?

I am a paying customer. I am able to login into Hik Connect, but this app doesn’t give me the alarm notifications.

I’m hoping it’s a temporary issue with proconnect?

Just checked mine (which I don't usually use) and it's logged in fine.

Strangely, a couple of weeks ago I deleted my NVR from my site as I didn't want to use it anymore. The app would not allow deletion of the site itself annoyingly. When I've logged back in today the device has re added itself again.

I spoke to Pyronix. They mentioned it’s a recent change forced on Hik-Connect. They aren’t allowed to share data between ProControl and Hik-Connect.

I never used Hik-Connect before today, but it explains why I can’t use ProConnect but can use Hik-Connect.

I’ve been told I need to create a new account on ProConnect, and move my equipment over. Then potentially remove my devices from hik connect.

Ahh.....we may be getting our wires crossed regarding the names of the apps.

Hik-Connect (Hikvision) and ProControl+ (Pyronix) are basically the same - allowing monitoring of Hikvision cameras and Pyronix Enforcer/Euro alarm systems. ProControl+ was brought in when Pyronix were taken over by Hikvision, to replace the Pyronix HomeControl app (which I still use and prefer to ProControl+ for monitoring of alarms)

Hik-Connect Pro (which I thought you were referring to) is a recent Hikvision app for installers. The idea behind it is that the end user can retain the admin of their system, while allowing them to allow or revoke live view, playback and configuration permissions to their installer. The installer can also receive health alerts from their customers systems (hard disk failure, video loss etc). It was released as a free trial but Hikvision are moving it to a chargeable subscription package based on how many sites you are monitoring.

Ah that makes sense.

This whole thing was worrying as I thought I’d lost all my setup. I would stick with Hik-Connect (as it’s working), but it doesn’t have the Alarm notifications that Pro Connect does. Hence why I need to switch my equipment back over.

I have my engineer back out to replace a faulty camera, so hopefully you can do it.

I’m guessing you can’t do this yourself, as there is setup required in pyronix cloud?

Ah that makes sense.

This whole thing was worrying as I thought I’d lost all my setup. I would stick with Hik-Connect (as it’s working), but it doesn’t have the Alarm notifications that Pro Connect does. Hence why I need to switch my equipment back over.

I have my engineer back out to replace a faulty camera, so hopefully you can do it.

I’m guessing you can’t do this yourself, as there is setup required in pyronix cloud?

LOL - I still can't work out which app you're having bother with! Pro Connect doesn't exist - the apps are as I named them - Hik-Connect, Hik-Connect Pro, ProControl+, HomeControl.

Hik-Connect does have all alarm notifications, it will allow you to monitor both Hikvision cameras and Pyronix Alarm systems and receive alarm notifications from both. Unless you are an installer or a facilities manager handling multiple CCTV sites, you've no use for Hik-Connect Pro. To receive alerts from cameras on Hik-Connect, you must be logged in to Hik-Connect on the app and the CCTV camera, NVR, DVR must be added to the app using your Hik-Connect account (rather than it's IP address as the app won't support notifications from system added by IP/Domain - no idea why, but we are forced to connect via their server rather than directly for full functionality). To receive alerts from Pyronix Alarms or standalone cameras via Pyronix Cloud it depends how your system is set up.

1 - You can set up an end user account on Pyronix Cloud to manage and pay for your subscription with Pyronix yourself, allowing you to manage connections and what individual events from alarm systems are received by each registered user.

2 - Your installer has his installer account on Pyronix Cloud and charges you the end user for the service. He can manage it all or share your site with you.

So sorry... I always seem to call procontrol+ proconnect.

Ive got it sorted. As you say Hik-Connect does everything. I just couldn’t see alarm alerts as there were none. Soon as I got one, the area within the app appeared.

it’s all working great. But one question.. why do they have two apps? Is there a concern over long term usage of hikconnect over procontrol+?

now I have everything working I just want to use one app long term and not worry about it being replaced.

So sorry... I always seem to call procontrol+ proconnect.

Ive got it sorted. As you say Hik-Connect does everything. I just couldn’t see alarm alerts as there were none. Soon as I got one, the area within the app appeared.

it’s all working great. But one question.. why do they have two apps? Is there a concern over long term usage of hikconnect over procontrol+?

now I have everything working I just want to use one app long term and not worry about it being replaced.

The Hik-Connect app will go on long term, no worries there. As I said earlier ProControl+ was brought out by Pyronix to replace HomeControl when HikVision bought Pyronix - the two apps are very similar style wise whereas HomeControl looks completely different and doesn’t support CCTV fully.

Back