01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

PTZ camera for ds-7204hqhi-f1-n DVR?

wezaa

Hi,

I have a ds-7204hqhi-f1-n with 2 fixed dome cameras wired in.

I would like to add a PTZ to my system, but need some advice please.
I think I am limited to 2mp cameras?
If I get a PTZ like DS-2AE7230TI-A, would I need to connect the 2 PTZ wires to the DVR if I want to control it using the HIK-Connect app on my phone or my PC software?

I think my DVR will allow me to connect 1 IP camera to it also.
If I got an IP PTZ like the hilook PTZ-N4215I-DE and connected that to my DVR via the network/IP, would my DVR support the PTZ function over the hik-connect app/PC software?

Finally, some of the specs I have read for my DVR state that it does 4 cameras + 1IP.
Does that mean it can support a total of 5 cameras at once or still only 4, but 1 of those 4 can be an IP camera?

Many thanks for the help.

Bringing up an old thread for anybody needing answers....

Connecting up a PTZ does not necessarily require the 2-wire RS485 connection, so long as you have set the camera up to work on "UTC" or "Coaxitron" protocols - some cameras will state "Pelco-C" or "Hik-C" and it's worth noting that the Hikvision coaxitron protocol is NOT the same as Coaxitron or Pelco-C. If you do choose to use the 2-wire RS485 connection, which does provide a little extra functionality, then you still have to set the protocol up the same way.... usually the camera itself will have a bank of DIP switches somewhere inside the unit, these will be used to set the protocol, baud rate (data speed), and unit address - looking up the installation instructions for the camera will tell you which switches do what as usually multiple switches are grouped together to perform one of these functions. Normally if you use UTC protocol then you don't need to set an address. The switches work in binary to achieve the required number: so switch 1 on and all others off is outcome '1', switch 1 off switch 2 on and all others off is outcome '2', switch 1 and 2 on but others off is outcome '3', switch 1 and 2 off but switch 3 on is outcome '4', and so on.... Some "ruggedised" type cameras such as the 360vision Predator require a specific app loaded onto your laptop/PC with a USB-to-RS485 converter connected to the the camera in order to manually upload the address/protocol/baud settings..... baud rate is the speed at which the communications signal is sent between the controlling device and the PTZ camera, this must be set to the same at both ends - I'd personally set it up at 9600 and if it's not working then drop it down to 4800. So long as you have the protocol, address, and baud rate all set up the same at both the camera and controller/DVR/NVR then you should get PTZ functions, and because this is handled by the DVR/NVR then any PTZ actions you make in HikConnect will be relayed through that to the camera so will work the same as if you were at the local control.
If you upgrade the system to an NVR then you can still use analogue PTZ cameras via an encoder such as the Hikvision DS-6700 special series which you'd set up the communications on in the same way as a DVR (You'd need the HUHI-K version for using AHD type HD Analogue cameras) - but note that some functions may not work, as my DS-6704 will send through Pelco-D/P commands fine for movement but *not* the aux functions - the 'wiper' and 'light' buttons in the control interface do nothing.

Back